XF 1.5 Importing into PHPBB need help

orange7

Hello, I am in the process of importing into PHPBB 3.1 and its asking for avatar and attachment paths. My phpbb forum is setup in /forum and I have input forum/images/avatars/upload and forum/files but its not working. I also tried to use the default one that was in the importer. Does anyone know what I should input in there?

Sincerely appreciate your time.

Quick migration question. I had my fresh install but then I made a few test threads to test out the addons I am using. Then I deleted the threads. However, I read this in the import instructions:

"After selecting the system to import from, you have the option of retaining the existing IDs for imported users, forums, threads, etc. This is only possible when importing into a new installation with no existing data."

So that got me thinking those tests threads I made but deleted might be an issue when I do the migration. Will they be? I poked around in the database and noticed this:
thread.webp

Last edited:
Those aren't records from the thread table; that's a table that isn't imported. So based on what you showed, it won't interfere. However, we don't recommend generating any content if you want to import while retaining IDs. If you don't want to retain IDs, it's not really an issue.

I'd recommend making a backup at this point and if you're sure you've (hard) deleted any content you created, you can try the import while maintaining IDs.

These are the exact sort of errors that happen from content being created. A forum/node in this case. This is an example of what you need to be sure didn't happen if you are trying to maintain IDs. At this point, ideally, go to a pre-import backup, remove more content you created (threads, forums, users, attachments, etc) and start the import again.

These are the exact sort of errors that happen from content being created. A forum/node in this case. This is an example of what you need to be sure didn't happen if you are trying to maintain IDs. At this point, ideally, go to a pre-import backup, remove more content you created (threads, forums, users, attachments, etc) and start the import again.
Everything was hard deleted, no forums were made, all attachments/avatars were deleted, no users were made.

Do you think the addon "Forum List as tab by Waindigo" could have done this?

They're not official scripts so our help is somewhat limited, but we'd need to see example URLs (that don't redirect as expected).

Your redirects do work: https://raypeatforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7383

However, you need to put them such that they replace the old URL. The redirects we've built have options to enter the path to XF to account for this, if you're changing the URL. I'm not sure if the redirects you're using have that, but I assume they will. You'll need to apply the redirects in the old directory and make sure they point to the main XF dir as that resource defines.

Top Bottom