MG 1.1 Importing from XenGallery..

FredC

I have a license for each and really really do like Xen Gallery by sonnb, and will miss it greatly if i can get this importing business straightened out.. XFMG just integrates tighter into the core since it was acquired by XenForo making it my new preference for my most successful community.. However i did an official import and found Albums were not retained. Am i missing something or is this just how the data is imported? Seemed kind of messy with thousands of pictures in a single default album and was quite the deal breaker in regards to my decision to switch..
--------
Edit: im thinking possibly it could have been a view setting? Hmm now im curious if possibly the default view setting was the culprit? Is there an album view? I suppose my original question still remains.. Does the importer retain member albums from Xen Gallery? (likely it does and the mistake was mine)

We certainly do import all media into the same albums they were in in the previous gallery.

One difference, though, is that categories are not imported on account of XFMG not supporting albums within categories.

We certainly do import all media into the same albums they were in in the previous gallery.

One difference, though, is that categories are not imported on account of XFMG not supporting albums within categories.
Hmm i have no categories inside of Xen Gallery.. Odd the import blipped like that then. I'll give it another go and report back with the results..

Top Bottom