XF 1.4 Importing from VB questions

trman

I just purchased XenForo and have read the importing guide, but have a few questions (presently using VB 3.6xxx for many years):

1. My VB forum is in my root directory. If I upload all in the XenForo "upload" folder to my root directory it will all be mixed in with the old Vbulletin files. What I would like to do is have the XenForo files separate but how to do that and still have it in the root directory?

2. One thing I have thought of was install XenForo in a new directory, say "forum" and redirect all the posts from Vbulletin to this new location. Then after a few weeks when I am sure I don't need the old Vbulletin files, remove them and move Xenforo up to the root directory and put in another redirect. This seems a little complex. Ideas on this?

3. I would like to still have Vbulletin running while I do all the customizations for Xenforo and get it the way I want it before I shut down Vbulletin and do the final import of the database. Any ideas on the best way to do this?

Any other helpful information would be appreciated. I have used VB for about 10 years so anything else is foreign to me. Since most of the XenForo users appear to have converted from VB I am sure someone has some suggestions. I was just going to shut down Vbulletin and install XenForo over it and put in all the customizations, but I realized this could take me a day or two and I would lose income, have disgruntled users, etc. if I did it this way. So I need to figure out how to do it so there is minimum down time of my forum.

1) Do the import in a subfolder, then move the files when done.

2) you can move the old vb files to an "old" folder or similar to get them out the way

3) See no1 :)

Top Bottom