MG 1.1 Importing from vB Photopost | No media, comments, content tags or ratings imported

JacquiiDesigns

I'm attempting to import some 4,915 images with over 3,700 comments from PhotoPost Pro to XFMG and am running into an issue I have no idea how to solve. So I'll appreciate assistance. The issue:

xfmg-import.webp

Albums, categories and member categories are imported just fine. The importer runs for several minutes seemingly importing media but returns the result -- as seen in the screencap above -- of 0 imported items for media, comments, content tags and ratings.

How can I correct this issue please?
Thanks for all suggestions and assistance.

J.

Typically the cause for this would be not being able to find the original media files.

We actually do a look up of the PP database to find the correct location, it's possible that this is returning a path that doesn't make sense in relation to your XF installation. Do you have access to the PhotoPost database? Can you perform the following query?
Code:
SELECT setting FROM pp_settings WHERE varname = 'datafull'
(You may need to replace pp_ with the correct prefix, or remove pp_ if there is no prefix)

The easiest thing to do at that point is just move the files to that location, or update that setting to reflect the location where the files are now.

Hey Chris. I've run the query and see
/home/website101/public_html/photopost/data/

Only thing is the photopost files are actually located at
/home/public_html/website101/photopost/data

I should say that I've created a development board on a different server for this particular project. So the file location could be at issue as you've said. Is there a query that I could run to automatically update the setting to the correct location? I'm not at all a backend administrator - so I'd need quite detailed instructions on how to actually do this o_O

Thanks Chris!

J.

Last edited:
And UGH!!! During my bit of investigation I've just found that the data and internal_data directories had 'reverted' back to 755 permissions. [stupid question ahead...] Would that have an affect on the import?

J.

Running a query similar to this should do it:
Code:
UPDATE pp_settings
SET setting = '/home/public_html/website101/photopost/data'
WHERE varname = 'datafull'
I would say that it is this that most likely caused it to fail.

Depending on the server configuration, 755 could be fine, but also I would possibly expect it to throw an exception if it was a write failure to internal_data (though don't quote me on that).

Okay. Done.
Now the next step should be running the import again.
When running a new import I see:
Error
Existing content has been detected in the gallery. The gallery must be empty before proceeding with the import.

When continuing import I see:
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '542' for key 'PRIMARY'

How exactly should I proceed from this point as for running the import again?
And thanks so much for your help.

J.

Easiest thing to do is to start again from scratch.

Assuming you haven't already created stuff in the gallery, or imported from another gallery, and it's otherwise safe to lose what's already in the gallery, the easiest way to clear it all is to uninstall and reinstall the add-on, then start the import again.

SUCCESS! I've managed to import all the Photopost data to XFMG thanks to your advice.
Truly I appreciate your help @Chris D
di-KEPO.gif

Thanks so much!

J.

Top Bottom