XF 2.2 Importing from SMF 2.1 - open_basedir problem

voom

I tried to import from SMF 2.1.2, but always run into open_basedir errors.

Originally I installed XF into a different "webspace" in Plesk, than where SMF is. So I thought that might be the reason. But then I reinstalled it under the same webspace and the errors were identical. Now it is back in the other webspace.

I thought I'd give up on the import, but after reading that SMF 2.1 should work, I want to try to solve the open_basedir issue.

Any ideas?

I tried that, using some helpfiles. I could not quite figure it out. (This is a cloudserver with Linux root and Plesk, so I am more or less on my own with this.)

When I tried, the error showed the changes I made, including the base folder of that SMF installation, but still said it was not allowed

Thank you, that was kind of counter-intuitive.

But now I get the next error:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "location" in src/addons/XFI/Import/Importer/SMF.php at line 686
XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/XFI/Import/Importer/SMF.php at line 686
XFI\Import\Importer\SMF->setupImportUser() in src/addons/XFI/Import/Importer/SMF.php at line 525
XFI\Import\Importer\SMF->stepUsers() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 244
XF\Import\Runner->runStep() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 61
XF\Import\Runner->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Import.php at line 234
XF\Admin\Controller\Import->actionRun() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2352
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

That looks like the importer hasn't been updated for 2.1 since that looks to me like it's looking for the location field that used to be a hard-coded profile field but as of 2.1 isn't any more.

People reported, that they could successfully import from SMF 2.1.

I tried to import without custom profile fields, but the error remains. Is there anything I can do, to fix it myself? I need not import the profile fields. Priority are Posts.

Some stuff was imported, before it broke off. I got user groups and profile fields, including "Location".

Last edited:
Top Bottom