MG 1.1 Importing from IPB

Blackbeard

I converted a test site over to XF. It had the 4.x suite, so I attempted to migrate things over, I put in the url to the config file, and the previous archive, the categories were moved over but not the images. Am I missing a key step in this process?

It should also ask you for the file path to the images. Are they stored locally on the server, or are they stored externally? If the latter, you'll need to use IPB to move them back to the local file system before importing.

Yeah that should be sufficient.

Did you provide the correct name of the archived import log table from the original IPB forum import? In IPB has the path to the gallery files been changed, or should they all be inside the uploads directory?

When you next start the import, during the media step if you open the site in another tab and actually check if the items are importing, if they aren't then go back to the import step and hit back in your browser or close that browser tab.

I'd then suggest creating a ticket and provide database and FTP access. I'll then do some debugging to see if we can work out what's going wrong.

Top Bottom