XF 2.1 Importing emoji's from Emojione

doemasters

It's been a long time since I've been through this and I wanted to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

It's my understanding that all that's needed to expand the number of default emoji's is download the free upgrade offered here by Emojione.
Then, it's just a matter of going to the smilies section in the ACP and importing the file, correct?

As I recall I had a lot of manual labor invovled when I moved from vB to xF when it came to the emoji's available. We had to label them individually :D and ;-). We shouldn't have to do this again, should we?

Thanks for help/reassurance!!

You don't really need to do anything. Native emojis are converted to emojione if selected from a cdn copy by xenforo itself.
To get the number of emoji's we see here versus that comes with default all I have to do is import the file...it's that simple, right? I'm just trying to get my site to mirror what's here and I'm looking at 30 emojis by default compared to 1000's.

well. there must be a good reason why xenforo developers decided not to bundle entire emoji set with xenforo installation. all the emojis are already visible from the smiley icon in the toolbar. only a few are bundled with the installation. rest are being fetched remotely. they are delivering emojione through jsdelivr.net cdn. external support means that if emojis are updated, they would automatically update on all xenforo boards as well (unless versioning is included in code).

the serve from preferred cdn is already using jsdelivr cdn.
here is one such url:

you are not getting all the emojis on your forum in the smiley button? what you see here is basically what you should see on your own forum! xenforo is not using anything special for the emoji support here.

i assume you are getting confused with the statement: if you wanted to download the artwork and host it yourself?
this is optional. are you looking to do this?

you are not getting all the emojis on your forum in the smiley button? what you see here is basically what you should see on your own forum! xenforo is not using anything special for the emoji support here.
No. I'm not getting the same results/choices.

Here's I'm getting all of them (and can scroll down to find more.)

You can see where I'm missing everything from People on down through Nature, Food, etc.

from emojione website:

Version 4.5 Jan 23, 2019 405.4 MB

do you really want to upload all these images on your server!
That's what struck me and led me to this conversation. It's H.U.G.E!

I'm left guessing here and very few of my guesses have a bit of merit so far!

According to the screen shot of the Options page in the ACP...all that looks right to you? I'm wondering if something went wrong with the install (server company handled upgrade.)

you do seem to have the option show emoji in smiley menu enabled. that should really work here. have you tried in default theme? you should post this in support section because this seems like a issue with your install. you do not have to upload anything to make the entire emoji set visible in that popup!

you do seem to have the option show emoji in smiley menu enabled. that should really work here. have you tried in default theme? you should post this in support section because this seems like a issue with your install. you do not have to upload anything to make the entire emoji set visible in that popup!
Thanks for the suggestion, OM. I have tried it in the default theme and found the same results.

I'll take this to the support forum.

I appreciate your input here! 🍻

Right, then my comments still apply - you previously upgraded from XF 1.5.

XF 1.5 database tables do not support emoji. The manual section I linked to above contains additional steps required to make your database tables support emoji.

Once those steps have been completed, you will be able to see and use the additional emoji.

That makes me laugh a little Chris...been here before, or right after, the thread prefix days. It makes me shake my head a bit thinking...that's 2011!

Top Bottom