XF 1.4 importing db with ssh

Ian S

hi all im stuck again, now last night after the problem with a import i deleted the table in the db, i then tried to get the dump that i had back onto the db but i got a timeout error, so i contacted the host and he said to use ssh cli, i downloaded putty for windows and i cant get it to work, i uploaded the db dump to the server and the host gave me the line to use for the life of me i cant get it to work, sorry for asking but ive checked google and on here before posting i tried using the cli on winscp but all i get is errors, thanx anyone that can help here my sql line

mysql -u **** -p**** /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` --default_character_set utf8 <DB name> < <filename.sql>

cant get putty to work not sure why is the cli on winscp good enough boss??

500 MYSQL not understood

i get this after i execute the command line above

/etc/psa/.psa.shadow suggest you are running in the plesk environment, and using that for the root password. That won't work on localhost xamp

roger that lol, yes its a plesk panel but im not using it to access ssh,

im using winscp cli matt, how would your command line read if i was in root or root is /httpdocs/ obviously its not the root threw the admin root though

I do it slightly differently.

I connect to MySQL

mysql -u root -p

Once in there, choose the database you want to import into

use databasename;

and then import with

source /full/path/to/sql/file.sql;

What is the exact command you are using now that isn't working? Liam has already told you to remove the <> around the database name and the file name. You still need to include the single < to tell MySQL to import the sql file. You also need to either be in the same directory as the file, or specify the full directory path to it.

cool yep ill try it 2morrow was just checking winscp 5 cli works as well as anything else really as i cant get putty to except the server password, the keyboard dont seem to type anything but the return key works :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

ill report back later as it currently 1.15am in the UK(y)

ok nothing worked i dont think the shell is working correctly on the winscp, i tried my xmapp version for my offline site and just typing mysql bought it straight up, ill have to find where its located on the server i think, please help anyone im loosing hair:cry::cry:

Top Bottom