Here's what I'm not sure about:
1) Each class (usergroup) from 1999 on has its own permissions. There are other user groups, as well. With over 40 forums, how hard is it to set that many permissions.
2) Is there a blog function?
3) My students' security is important. I don't allow guest to see student user names or user posts. I have one section for public use, where I post newsletters and homework, etc, but students can post in the public section. Guests can only see the public section. Is that possible with xenForo?
4) My students love having a full-featured shout box. It keeps them on the site. Got one? Oops! Just saw Taiga!
5) Can I have an arcade with xenForo? I have quite a few educational SWF games. An arcade increases interest.
That's a lot of questions. I appreciate your time. Congratulations on creating this software. It is beautiful, and I would jump on it in a second if I were just starting out.