Importing a large forum; want to lock old users/threads

cynthetiq

I have a really large forum, over 2M posts. I tried importing it but it was really slow that it took almost 50 hours to import on my test server (shared hosting)

I migrated my users to a new VPS with a fresh install of XF with the promises of bringing the old forum over to the new server as soon as possible. If I could import it into XF I'd do it, but I want the old information to be an archive not live area, and the same for the user names.

What I was able to do in old VB imports was replace the email with no email address so there was no match, that gave the imported user an unusable state, but allowed the import to complete without issue.

Is there a way for me to do something similar?

Email addresses are required in XenForo as login can be via email address or username.
For that reason they must also be unique.

You would have edit each and every user name and email address, whilst ensuring they are different from the new member accounts.

Right, I would write a query that deleted all the user email addresses. Are you saying that if there is no email address it will not get imported?

I don't want the old accounts to be utilized, they should be like a new separate account even though they are the same name.

You won't be able to import them if they have the same name.

You will be given a choice of merging the 2 accounts, or changing the details.

Top Bottom