1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importers

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by rogerl, Nov 12, 2014.

1. rogerl

rogerl Member

Is there an importer available to import from XenGallery (sonnb) to Xenforo Media Gallery ?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yes, there is.

Jarod and rogerl like this.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, there is one built in.

importers.png

rogerl and Chris D like this.
  4. estranged

estranged Well-Known Member

Does the xenmedio importer work for both versions? Free and pro? (I have the pro version)

Both addons use the same route (media) Will this cause problems during installation?

Thanks and congratulations @Chris D

5. Chris D

Yeah, there's actually not a lot of difference between the Free and Pro version of XenMedio.

The underlying route that XFMG uses is xengallery, but a route filter is added to change this to media (because it's more friendly) during install of the add-on.

It can be changed at any time to anything you like, so just change it in Admin CP > Route Filters to something other than media after XFMG is installed.

estranged likes this.
  6. otto

otto Well-Known Member

Hello,

what will the importer from xengallery (sonnb) import? I use sonnbs gallery now over 1 year and dont be willing to lose categories/pictures/comments eg. That why i have this question.

And also - after import, what can i delete from my old xengallery installation? A specialy directorys...

Regards

7. Chris D

It will import all media and comments regardless of how they are stored, but categories are quite different in XFMG. In XenGallery the categories contain albums IIRC, and in XFMG, categories are solely used as an alternative to albums. So all of your albums will be imported, but those albums will not be within categories.

8. otto

otto Well-Known Member

Hello and thanks for the fast response. :)

When i understand you right, then all albums from xengallery will be imported but without the categories?

What is with the private user albums?

9. Chris D

Yes that is correct.

The album permissions should carry over.

otto likes this.
  10. otto

otto Well-Known Member

Thanks for your answer, i think we will try it out. :)

11. otto

otto Well-Known Member

And what can i delete from sonnb xengallery after import? Can i remove this add-on completly (deinstall + remove all directories)?

12. Chris D

You would have to ask that question in the XenGallery add-on thread. It should be possible to remove it completely, yes, but what exactly I don't know.

13. otto

otto Well-Known Member

ok, so xmg will make copies from all pictures right? (so i can delete the old directories from sonnb, that is what i mean ;) )

14. Chris D

Yes, the data is copied into XFMG so the original content in sonnb XG will still exist.

otto likes this.
  15. otto

otto Well-Known Member

ok, thanks. :)