Importers

Does the xenmedio importer work for both versions? Free and pro? (I have the pro version)

Both addons use the same route (media) Will this cause problems during installation?

Thanks and congratulations @Chris D

Yeah, there's actually not a lot of difference between the Free and Pro version of XenMedio.

The underlying route that XFMG uses is xengallery, but a route filter is added to change this to media (because it's more friendly) during install of the add-on.

It can be changed at any time to anything you like, so just change it in Admin CP > Route Filters to something other than media after XFMG is installed.

Hello,

what will the importer from xengallery (sonnb) import? I use sonnbs gallery now over 1 year and dont be willing to lose categories/pictures/comments eg. That why i have this question.

And also - after import, what can i delete from my old xengallery installation? A specialy directorys...

Regards

It will import all media and comments regardless of how they are stored, but categories are quite different in XFMG. In XenGallery the categories contain albums IIRC, and in XFMG, categories are solely used as an alternative to albums. So all of your albums will be imported, but those albums will not be within categories.

Hello and thanks for the fast response. :)

When i understand you right, then all albums from xengallery will be imported but without the categories?

What is with the private user albums?

You would have to ask that question in the XenGallery add-on thread. It should be possible to remove it completely, yes, but what exactly I don't know.

Top Bottom