Importers

Pfft. The NPO switch hasn't done a damn thing for SMF. And this is coming from a former Team member. It's still the same people just under a new umbrella.

Anyways, back on topic, I will start working on an SMF converter once I get off my lazy butt and purchase a license. May think about working on an IPB one as well.
I am willing to lend you use of my license if you could complete a 2.0x importer...

I am willing to lend you use of my license if you could complete a 2.0x importer...

Just so you know that as per their EULA :

3. Restrictions

This license is granted to You alone. You may not redistribute the Software in whole or in part. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of XenForo Limited.

@MordyT, I've already asked the Grand Mugwumps if they would loan me a copy for importation purposes only and was rejected, so I doubt they would allow you to "loan" your license to me for the same reason.

@Robbo, nice of you drop in. I shall burn you. :)

@MordyT, I've already asked the Grand Mugwumps if they would loan me a copy for importation purposes only and was rejected, so I doubt they would allow you to "loan" your license to me for the same reason.

@Robbo, nice of you drop in. I shall burn you. :)
Don't you think thats because you asked for a free version of a paid software?

I mean, I don't see any -other- paid software giving someone a free copy either :rolleyes:.

Would love to see someone create an SMF 1.1 importer. I am getting off that dying ship. Would be great if we could also get topic icons in xen but won't hold my breath on that.

Don't you think thats because you asked for a free version of a paid software?

I mean, I don't see any -other- paid software giving someone a free copy either :rolleyes:.
Believe it or not, there are many paid softwares out there that will allow other developers to use an unlicensed copy of their software for development purposes only, such as application/add-on development or other.

Case in point, I'm currently working on a bridge for SMF and EGL (Elite Gaming Ladders), which is a paid software, and I was allowed a private, unlicensed copy of the software for development purposes only.

I'm in the same boat with a lot of others. I can't make the commitment to Xenforo without proper import from vb4. I'm just not willing to start from scratch, regardless of how good the alternative product is. Starting over is not a viable option whatsoever.
A proper VB4 importer and URL redirection is available in the addon area here, freely. The redirector caters all four VB4 URL types and the importer caters all content types and converts into forums and threads, for you to hide for later and not have to lose any content.... or just mix old social groups, blogs, etc into forums.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-importer.5726/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-x-url-redirection.7584/

VB4 is fully covered now...

Top Bottom