XF 1.2 Importer only importing jpg attachments

emc2

Hi All,

I have a large forum with 66,780 attachments. Everything else is imported fine, however the attachments are a mess.

It seems that the import pulled in the database data correct for attachments as I see ~55,000 which would actually reflect the correct number of attachments however when i look at a post they are mostly missing.. When I look in the data/attachments folder i see 55000 files but they all have the extension of jpg..

Why would that happen?

Looking further into it, it seems those 55,000 files are thumbnails for the images.. so we're just missing the actual files. That would definately make sense that they are all jpg's..

The extension is always jpg.

If you see a thumbnail, then the original data exists too - it's in the internal_data directory.

You haven't mentioned what you're importing from (and if applicable, what script you're using to do so).

oh thats it..

What happened was the first time round at importing the attachments and avatars failed.. So what I did was created a new site on a subdomain and re-imported everything again. I then copied the attachment tables over and the data/attachments directory.. Now that I know the internal_data is where they are stored i moved them over as well and all is working..

Thanks Mike. Happy to be on Xenforo finally!

Top Bottom