1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

imported vbulletin 4.0

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by moody, Oct 5, 2010.

1. moody

moody Active Member

Hi all,

In case your wondering import works with 4.0.

Only the attachments are a fail :) I must say the import went very smooth.

Attachments are handled very differenlty 3.8 - 4.0
  2. Hannah_M

Hannah_M Active Member

can we see an online example?

Kier should make it known that a vb 4 converter exists as it's in people's head that it doesn't :)
    Neutral Singh likes this.
  3. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Nice to know.... still look forward to a vb4 full importer in the coming day/s... then another of mine is shifting from vb to xenforo.
  4. jacko

jacko Active Member

For me the attachments are very important, so I hope it will be available soon. Xenforo is stunning and I am just a happy owner of a brand new license :)

I need to stick to VB4 for a while until I can import all data including the attachments.
  5. Rich

Rich Active Member

Im sitting with my License waiting also! I really love this software.
  6. moody

moody Active Member

sure :)

lsxforo, dmnkhhn and Trip like this.
  7. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

How big is you VB database if you do not mind me asking ? Thanks
  8. Jafo

Jafo Active Member

I managed to modify the code and it imported my vb 4.0 perfectly.. Really just had to change some column names in the importer file..
  9. moody

moody Active Member

about 25.000 posts, small board
  10. Jafo

Jafo Active Member

If we had a forum for just members I would post the function itself, but all the mods I did were in the stepAttachments function..
  11. Trip

Trip Active Member

12. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

moody likes this.
  13. Jafo

Jafo Active Member

lsxforo likes this.
  14. moody

moody Active Member

:D thanks
  15. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Tried importing my vB4 installation, but got a few errors while importing PMs and [video] didn't work along with attachments.

But forums, threads, posts and users imported more or less without issue, giving me a good testbed to work on until a proper importer is released :)
  16. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

this is awesome. i do not even use attachments on my own forum. this means i can start testing almost instantly! awesome.
  17. Mycologist

Mycologist Member

Other things the 3.7/3.8 importer will not grab from 4.0.x: subscriptions & custom user profile fields.
  18. aculate

aculate Well-Known Member

you lucky *******s! :) i can't import nor do anything until xenforo is translated into Spanish... o well...that's life.... :mad:
    Rob Fritz likes this.
  19. Hornstar

Hornstar Well-Known Member

Glad I never upgraded to VB 4 ^^ but then again, I am still going to wait for some time lol
    Rob Fritz likes this.
  20. Pieman

Pieman Member

is it me or have all the posts on the two converted forums above lost their month of posting?
    Darkimmortal and Rob Fritz like this.