Import vBulletin?

It's tied into the reply button as far as I have seen, when you hit reply you can see how the quote gets used and for now can manipulate it to do what you want within the limitations of quote

check out here for all the official Xenvideos or you can go through this section.

The first link is the video host where all the videos are that Kier and some others have put together to help everyone see the backend before the beta release as well as in depth getting into some of the awesome features...including how easy it is to skin this thing.

I can't wait till the 5th to get my copy personally.

well...mind you that I'm a noob...

the way this software is built you can get inside of it and change it how you see fit. It's not like some of the other ones that have everything obscurely written, this is one of the prime reasons I am buying this. It will give me an opportunity to take a working piece of software and not rely on other people for changin the things I should be able to do myself.

Also I have not been one of the fortunates who have been able to actually get my hands on the code but if your still considering and havent got a true technical answer by the 5th...I will surely let you know how hard it is. If I come back and say a total overhaul was easy, it's not a rumor...if I can do it, anyone can.

In the past with other software I felt like I was studying for a S.A.T. just to find the location of what i needed to modify. Just by using the firebug addon, I can already see the refreshing difference in a completely new platform.

That only matters to ex vB4 users...which I am one and this isn't a problem for me. There is plenty of other solutions. If it is possible to make an importer for it...I'm sure it wont be long after XF officially has been released until a solution to this has been made. My logic is for the same reason that some are running from vB4 it would have to make it more difficult to make said importer. I just don't know and don't care. What i do know is THIS software covers it's bases yet still being in dev.

well after converting from vB4.0 to 3.8 (remember both are vB products) the XF script is shipping as Im understanding with the importer script to import from vB 3.7 & 3.8, so they will infact be doing the conversion.

As far as the downgrade from 4 to 3 that is stricly vB and I can't see XF making a convertor to fix issues vB has made, that should be an official thing vB should have already made due to so many customers complaining the 4 killed their community.

That service is done by people who were very integrated into the vB workings and also most of them as far as I know are members here. I feel you about having XF being the author (I feel the same way about some suggested mods that I would feel more comfortable having the staff here implement) but they can't do everything and making a downgrade-to-import script sounds a bit ostentatious and may be treading on dangerous grounds. If you can get your vB downgraded, XF can import it according to what I've surmised from reading around.

have you read this thread? It's more than likely a time issue...it is 2 people coding this entire thing which is great for production though it does leave less time for things like this...

Don't forget, XF on the 5th is being released as an unsupported beta and it is recommended to NOT go live with it until they release the actual V_1 .0, so having an import tool probably wasn't deemed as necessary for it as most people who are gung ho about it and using a previous db backup are willing to do what they have to to get an early jump on development.

Remember...the key thing here is this is a beta release which serves a whole world of good, people who have been working unpaid can afford a lil desert when they eat and people like you and I can get our hands on this so we can get them dirty and figure out some possibilities and solutions to the previous problems we all have had in the past regardless where we are coming from.

rather see official xenforo converter than unofficial.
I totally agree.

have you read this thread? It's more than likely a time issue...it is 2 people coding this entire thing which is great for production though it does leave less time for things like this...

Don't forget, XF on the 5th is being released as an unsupported beta and it is recommended to NOT go live with it until they release the actual V_1 .0, so having an import tool probably wasn't deemed as necessary for it as most people who are gung ho about it and using a previous db backup are willing to do what they have to to get an early jump on development.

Remember...the key thing here is this is a beta release which serves a whole world of good, people who have been working unpaid can afford a lil desert when they eat and people like you and I can get our hands on this so we can get them dirty and figure out some possibilities and solutions to the previous problems we all have had in the past regardless where we are coming from.

Is there any date of v 1.0 being released?

I think generally when they feel comfortable saying, this is it, we're ready so your ready. They are doing things the right way in my mind as set release dates are often conflictive with delivering a working product.

I don't know for sure but for some reason my mind is telling me this is what it is.

Yeah as far as I know, everything is customizable here if you know what your doing. Even people like me who don't know what they are doing will still be able to achieve their intended look; I am sure of it. Again though I am working off of memories, this is what it seems was relayed to me by messages I have read all over the place here.

Top Bottom