Import vBulletin?

im glad no importer, right away for vb4, if there was i doubt i would even play about with setting up a new forum! lol
I made the same point earlier.

Not having an importer available for phpBB will allow me to set up the style, create pages, etc. and then just import the DB and I'm good to go.

No one reads either of those, nor do they really watch the videos :p.
I posted that and then got to thinking...."Wait...we have those and yet people still ask questions. So yeah, like most posters they ask and then read."

Nothing against some people whom have asked questions on but didn't know it was a repeat. There are tons of threads all around! But like I mentioned before, a nice centralized tab at the top would help out greatly. Even if it just comprised of what's in those two threads!

well the idea is that they would be easily locatable from the search. i am realizing the sad truth. search on xf is as efficient as it is on vb.
Actually, Search is quite nice on XF, people just do not always search for proper terms :rolleyes:.

I've proven multiple times I can come up with most topics someone asks for within 1-2 seconds, just by search one keyterm, or by using a possible alternative. People often do not attempt to do this, and instead post, rather then waste their own precious time (Not always the case).

I do agree a FAQ should be posted, but it should be pinned to the top of the suggestion and discussion forums so people will know its there, and people will be able to point them towards specific posts there.

haha. that has been the biggest mystery for all the search services out there.

if i knew what i need to search for to reach the destination, google would not be spending millions of dollars on their search technologies. ;)

searching here has all the regular shortcomings. like i cannot apparently search for RSS because it is too short. i use google site search to find relevant posts here. (and on my own forum!)

haha. that has been the biggest mystery for all the search services out there.

if i knew what i need to search for to reach the destination, google would not be spending millions of dollars on their search technologies. ;)

searching here has all the regular shortcomings. like i cannot apparently search for RSS because it is too short. i use google site search to find relevant posts here. (and on my own forum!)
That is an issue with MySQL, not with XenForo's search.

Top Bottom