Cannot reproduce  Import template with duplicate name

zenlan

Original templates:

/default
->mydefault​
/newtemplate

I exported 'newtemplate' (filename: 'style-newtemplate.xml')

Imported 'style-newtemplate.xml' as child of 'mydefault'. Thinking that I might either be prompted to rename it or end up with two called 'newtemplate', like so:

/default
->mydefault​
->newtemplate​
/newtemplate

However, no prompt to rename and I ended up with this instead:

/default
->mydefault​
->newtemplate​
->newtemplate​

You can see that as well as a new template created, the original 'newtemplate' has gone from top-level to a child of 'mydefault'.

I was able to delete one of the 'newtemplates', the other was left intact.

I gather that if I had edited the title in the xml and/or the filename the original template would not have been kidnapped?

Not a showstopper, wasn't sure what behaviour to expect really. Might just require documentation rather than 'fixing'. (Perhaps it is documented already? Searched but couldn't find anything.)

Cheers for the hard work, styling has become fun again!

I'm a little confused. Can you show a screenshot of your style hierarchy after the import? Can you also show a screenshot with the 2 templates in the list? (Presumably showing next to each other?)

Sorry, I deleted the duplicate so no screen shot.

I have tried to recreate the scenario using brand new templates and I can't. There may have been something odd about my edited template.

Oh well, close this and I'll be sure to prtscrn if anything like it happens again. I'm not imaging it, honest! :D

Top Bottom