1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import language as child or withour parent?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by alfan, Apr 23, 2013.

1. alfan

alfan Active Member

I have gotten a language file that I wish to use as my only selectable language. But should I import it as as child of the english language or without a parent?

I want to be sure to get notified of new untranslated phrases when I upgrade to a new version og xenForo.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have a single customised language - it inherits from the master.

3. alfan

alfan Active Member

So the customised language should be importet as a child so it inherits new phrases from the default english? If I import without a parent, I will not get new phrases into my language when I upgrade xenForo, right?

4. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

No, you should be able to get new phrases after updrating xenForo because they are part of the master language.
    Creating languages as a child of a language will help you to create your "own language" and keep your changes alive if you update the instaled language file (Wrote a documentation for this, but only in German, sorry)

5. alfan

alfan Active Member

Okay so it seems the best way would be to import the language as a child to the default language.

Alluidh I would love to read your documentation for this - Deutsch ist kein problem für mich ;)