XF 1.4 Import from VB and Number of Users

FriscoCharlie

I am running an import from a VB4 board. I have over 33,000 members on the VB4 forum and when I imported to XF I ended up with just over 30,000.

I had about 8 or 9 that had commas in their usernames and I had to fix those but otherwise. no errors, issues, etc.

What happened to the other 3,000?

Thanks!

Probably around that amount.

Another question please; I have close to one million posts and I ran the importer and it said it got over 80,000 posts. Just looking around, I don't see anything missing, but I am confused.

Right now it is importing post attachments.... Going to take a while.

Confused about the importation of regular avatars versus custom avatars... On our forum, we allowed custom avatars only as a perk for financial contributors. The other users chose from a library of stock avatars. How do I move those over?

Another question as I am confused. I know the information is probably here on the forum and I have been searching but I am on brain overload at the moment for please forgive me.

I need to import both from the vBulletin Albums and PhotoPost Pro.

Can I do this (both)?

After finishing with importing my vBulletin forums, etc., how do I get to the albums? I don't see it as part of an import. Is that starting a new import? I have yet to finalize this one as I am worried that might stop me from importing further.

Thanks for helping me.

Oh, so if I understand, people cannot pick from a standard set of avatars, right? They have to be able to upload their own.
Correct.

After finishing with importing my vBulletin forums, etc., how do I get to the albums? I don't see it as part of an import. Is that starting a new import? I have yet to finalize this one as I am worried that might stop me from importing further.
It's indeed done in a separate import.

Yeah, and I really screwed this up!

Archived Import Log: To import media from vBulletin 4.2 Albums, you need to provide the name of the import log table which you created after completing your forum import.

I did not do this (save an import log table). So, I am hosed, right?

If you tried to start another import, it would normally have prompted you. Are you sure you didn't choose to save it? You can check your database to confirm -- the default name is archived_import_log. If you didn't archive it, xf_import_log should have the content.

Ok, over my head, but is this detailed data that is necessary or a generic batch of information? I had initially started an import and then deleted all of the data (just categories and forums if I recall) and then re-started and imported everything.

Do you think I will have the necessary file(s) or does this sound like I screwed it up?

Thanks.

I'm a little confused, but the import log is mandatory for doing the second import. If you're not sure you have the data (though in general you would have had to have actively chosen to deleted), the simplest thing would probably be to do a fresh install and start the import process again.

Looks like I am surviving this process so far...

After importing from vBulletin I guess I ended up with archived_import_log. After I imported the vBulletin albums, I created archived_import_log2. I am not sure if this was the right thing to do or not.

Right now, I am importing from PhotoPost pro. Should I create archived_import_log3?

I am a little confused about all of this...

Top Bottom