Import from vB 3.0.5?

Kevin

Would the vB 3.6 import option work with vB 3.0.5 or are the schemas too different? I'm not worried about attachments, would just be after the users, thread & posts, and PMs.

(Yes, yes... a vB 3.0.5 db! :P It is amazing what you find sometimes when cleaning up your server.)

Would the vB 3.6 import option work with vB 3.0.5 or are the schemas too different? I'm not worried about attachments, would just be after the users, thread & posts, and PMs.

(Yes, yes... a vB 3.0.5 db! :p It is amazing what you find sometimes when cleaning up your server.)

Why not just upgrade 3.0.5 to 3.6?

Honestly... would be easier to just import directly into XF instead of having to install vB somewhere. I have the DB floating around in MySQL but no existing vB installation pointing to it.

Takes less than five minutes to upload the files.... then just point it to that database and do the upgrade.

I agree. There are several breaks in the overall upgrade path with vB, but the upgrade from 3.0 to 3.6 is a straight shot with no breaks. Upload the 3.6 files and run install/upgrade.php
I believe one must upgrade to 3.5 first, before performing an upgrade to 3.6+.
Have been working on it. ;) The last 3.6 install does not play nice with my current server configuration (PHP deprecated warnings, xml files won't import as part of finalupgrade.php) but I was able to get around it to the point where I can get the data imported into my text XF install. If I cared about looking at the data from within vB I'd go ahead and update it to vB 3.8.7 (which does play nice with my current server configuration) but since that wasn't my intent I'm good to go for now. Am reviewing the data now as it was imported into my test XF install.

I believe one must upgrade to 3.5 first, before performing an upgrade to 3.6+.

No. It's one step. The upgrade script will take you through 3.5 all the way to 3.6.

Have been working on it. ;) The last 3.6 install does not play nice with my current server configuration (PHP deprecated warnings, xml files won't import as part of finalupgrade.php) but I was able to get around it to the point where I can get the data imported into my text XF install. If I cared about looking at the data from within vB I'd go ahead and update it to vB 3.8.7 (which does play nice with my current server configuration) but since that wasn't my intent I'm good to go for now. Am reviewing the data now as it was imported into my test XF install.

Going from 3.0 to 3.8 is two steps. First you upload and upgrade to 3.6. Then upload and upgrade to 3.8.

No. It's one step. The upgrade script will take you through 3.5 all the way to 3.6.

Going from 3.0 to 3.8 is two steps. First you upload and upgrade to 3.6. Then upload and upgrade to 3.8.
Except I forgot about the old vB3 upgrade script.... click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click... :X3:

Top Bottom