Import from uploaded XML file stuck

Kcirtap

I've recently (as in less than an hour ago) installed xF on my new webhost. For some reason when I try to upload the XML via the ACP option shown in the title, it gets stuck at 76% and just stalls then after a couple of seconds, I get this
LPEnXHK.png

I've tried re-downloading the theme several times. I can't figure out what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: I figured I should add that the style I'm attempting to import is UI.X -> https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ui-x.2239/updates

Actually, that's probably more a server related issue with PHP timing out.

To the OP, is this on a shared hosting environment or a VPS/Dedicated server?
It's shared hosting with Network solutions. I think I can change whatever setting is necessary, but I haven't the foggiest idea of what could be causing it to stop uploading at 76%..

Some of the php.ini settings that might be involved will probably not be able to be changed by you.
One of which will probably need to be modified is the
max_execution_time =
which defaults to 60.

There are a few other settings that could be involved also. It depends on what is set as default on your shared host.

Some of the php.ini settings that might be involved will probably not be able to be changed by you.
One of which will probably need to be modified is the
max_execution_time =
which defaults to 60.

There are a few other settings that could be involved also. It depends on what is set as default on your shared host.
Well I've got full access to my particular php.ini. Is that the correct file where I'd replace/check those values?

If you have full access to the php.ini (which would be a tad unusual on a shared hosting environment as there are aspects of that which could cause problems (performance and security vulnerabilities) then you just find the current one and change to something like 180-300 temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.

If you have full access to the php.ini (which would be a tad unusual on a shared hosting environment as there are aspects of that which could cause problems (performance and security vulnerabilities) then you just find the current one and change to something like 180-300 temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.
3v9m0OQ.png

^That is what you're talking about right?

3v9m0OQ.png

^That is what you're talking about right?
Tthat's a typical one on cPanel setup.. the actual one on my server(s) is around 2100 lines of data in them and 72.7k in size... so much larger. You can see if putting max_execution_time = 180 in that file will work... there may also be a cPanel setting that will allow you to adjust that within reason (depends on how the host has it set up).

Tthat's a typical one on cPanel setup.. the actual one on my server(s) is around 2100 lines of data in them and 72.7k in size... so much larger. You can see if putting max_execution_time = 180 in that file will work... there may also be a cPanel setting that will allow you to adjust that within reason (depends on how the host has it set up).
I haven't been using cPanel, I've been using Filezilla for just about everything I need. I'm not even sure if this hosting plan offers cPanel, but I'll try looking around. Thanks a lot I really appreciate all your help!

If the browser is showing 76%, that would usually indicate that the upload is still happening. Depending on setup, PHP may have started or it may not have yet (though XF wouldn't have been invoked at all).

The simplest workaround would be to import the XML from a file on the server (so upload via FTP first).

If the browser is showing 76%, that would usually indicate that the upload is still happening. Depending on setup, PHP may have started or it may not have yet (though XF wouldn't have been invoked at all).

The simplest workaround would be to import the XML from a file on the server (so upload via FTP first).
I've already done that but I can't seem to find the option to import from the server?

Yeah I missed that it's not actually there for styles. :)

It sounds likely that the server is actually just closing the connection. There may be some PHP configurations that could apply, but I would suggest it's unlikely and I haven't really seen issues like this before. Your host may need to help.

Yeah I missed that it's not actually there for styles. :)

It sounds likely that the server is actually just closing the connection. There may be some PHP configurations that could apply, but I would suggest it's unlikely and I haven't really seen issues like this before. Your host may need to help.
Thanks for the help. I switched my hosting service and the issue hasn't followed me thankfully! :)

Top Bottom