XF 1.5 Import from SMF + vBulletin 3.8

Mr. Jinx

I'm working on a conversion from 2 different boards into one XenForo install.
Basically, I have these two steps in mind:
  1. Import SMF into a clean XF install.
    By doing this, the topic id's stay the same. This will make it easy to make some redirect rules in nginx.
  2. Import vBulletin into XF. The topic id's will change, but there is a special redirection script that can handle this (is that right?)
One of the problems I am facing is that SMF is using login names and display names. Many users on the SMF forum are using different login/display names. The importer can only handle login names. Someone struggled with this before?
I found a mod that adds display names into XF, but it is unsupported. I don't know if that would be a good approach.

1. Import SMF into a clean XF install.
    By doing this, the topic id's stay the same. This will make it easy to make some redirect rules in nginx.
  2. Import vBulletin into XF. The topic id's will change, but there is a special redirection script that can handle this (is that right?)
That's essentially it - you can only retain IDs with one of the imports so just decide which one it's going to be.

This guide may be of some use: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/

Top Bottom