RM 1.1 Import Files from DownloadsII

Sadik B

This is more of a discussion thread and not a support question. My Oracle Forums has about 12000 files in DownloadsII. I have been considering moving this site to XF for over a year now.

Have any of you successfully imported from Downloads II several thousand files? Is there an importer I may have overlooked?

If not, I am considering coding an importer for my needs. Would there be any commercial interest in it? Else I could just import by directly running queries on the database and not bother with an importer. Thoughts?

The links are mostly embedded youtube videos. I will need to import the video category to XFMG somehow. Anyhow, its exciting to see this importer develop!

@Sadik B How is it going with the importer?

The importer has worked perfectly for my needs. I am in the middle of importing my live site... I will write a detailed post about it once I get a chance... :)

Thanks @0ptima for the great work.
We have a students forum and I am trying to import our DownloadsII education library (5556 files, 392 categories, 2.5 millions downloads) but when I click (import DownloadsII) the process start but at 1.89% I get this error

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xD3\xDC\xCA\xDC\xC7\xCA...' for column 'filename' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Attachment.php at line 524
XenForo_Model_Attachment->insertUploadedAttachmentData() in VBPGConverter/Importer/VBPGConverter.php at line 481
VBPGConverter_Importer_VBPGConverter->_addAttachment() in VBPGConverter/Importer/VBPGConverter.php at line 361
VBPGConverter_Importer_VBPGConverter->_createThread() in VBPGConverter/Importer/VBPGConverter.php at line 299
VBPGConverter_Importer_VBPGConverter->stepDlImport() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 135
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/uobbhcom/public_html/xenforum/admin.php at line 13

Maybe because of the vBulletin database collation, it is (latin1_swedish_ci) - Arabic language

Any idea about how we can fix this?

Did you try setting the character set in the import options?

upload_2015-7-25_19-8-2.webp

Although not related to your issue, ensure you are using the version posted in post 7 and that the tweaks from post 8 have been added.

@Sadik B can you please post the finale version you used?

View attachment 112482

Although not related to your issue, ensure you are using the version posted in post 7 and that the tweaks from post 8 have been added.

Yest I tried to put (windows-1256) in the charset field but I got the same error

DII_importer.webp

I used the file in post#5 because Sadik said "A lot of stuff is custom to my forum so use that file only if you know what you are doing"

Last edited:

View attachment 112482

Same issue was in Media importer and @Chris D fixed it here:
This may help to fix the problem
Fixed - Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xF4ergen...' for column 'media_descriptio

Still I have the same error

I noticed the error was in "file name" (column 'filename' at row 1)

Now it is different (column 'username' at row 1)

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xD2\xE5\xD1\xC9 \xC7...' for column 'username' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in VBPGConverter/Importer/VBPGConverter.php at line 355
VBPGConverter_Importer_VBPGConverter->_createThread() in VBPGConverter/Importer/VBPGConverter.php at line 299
VBPGConverter_Importer_VBPGConverter->stepDlImport() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 135
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/uobbhcom/public_html/xenforum/admin.php at line 13

Great. However I think you should re-run it again once Sadik posts his final version as it is creates categories and probably contains other fixes.
It took ~2 hours to complete the process
Then I rebuilt "Rebuild Resources" & "Rebuild Resource Categories" cache

But nothing happened !
Still the resource is empty, see this screenshot

upload_2015-7-26_8-30-2.webp

Also, I opened the database >> xf_resource table and I found it empty !
Did I miss anything?!

Last edited:
Im not sure what is causing the issue.

If threads are being converted with the attachments, you could always bulk convert them to resources.

View attachment 112533

Thanks
I run it again and it is imported 5609 files successfully
At the second time I used @Sadik B file to import the categories, I imported 392 categories successfully

Only few issues:
1- I have many files with URL only (There is no attachments), the URL didn't import.
2- Ratings is missing.
3- Number of Downloads is showing zero for all files.
4- Although I can see in @Sadik B forum that he imported all the comments, in our forum only the files imported without the replies/comments. I don't need the (Discussion) Tab, I just want to import the comments.

Last edited:
Top Bottom