Import errors :: Post yours here

Rob

I am importing a vb 3.8 and everything has gone fine... PM's VM's but it has bombed out at threads and posts and will not continue

All I get is the text 'A server error occurred. Please try again later.' shown within the forum skin.

Is there way to output more detailed error information?

Importing PMs errors out with an unserialize() offset error once there is a special character like German umlauts öäü in the username within touserarray. Not sure if our vBulletin source database being in utf8_general_ci is another important detail?

First error message in the importing users step. Have 29,000+ users and only imported around 900. This is what I got:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xBFQUE?' for column 'account_name' at row 1
  1. [*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 300
    [*]Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 546
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 1741
    [*]XenForo_Model_User->updateIdentities() in XenForo/DataWriter/User.php at line 819
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter_User->rebuildIdentities() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 357
    [*]XenForo_Model_Import->importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 834
    [*]XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 659
    [*]XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importOrMergeUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 457
    [*]XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
    [*]XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 152
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 101
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /PATHTOMYLOCALINSTALLATIONHERE/admin.php at line 13

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xC3\xC0\xCD\xC4\xCE\xCD...' for column 'account_name' at row 1

XenForo_Model_User->updateIdentities() in XenForo/DataWriter/User.php at line 819
XenForo_DataWriter_User->rebuildIdentities() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 357
XenForo_Model_Import->importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 834
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 659
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importOrMergeUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 457

I think importer should get an option to skip bad users and try to continue. Or at least give more information.

Not an error persay... but everytime I try to import VMs, it goes through the 9k fine, and then just starts over. And reimports them. And again, and again.

Tried it three times, importing the VMs at various stages. Urgh.

same here, on import Threads
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xF4\x80\x82\x83 H...' for column 'message' at row 1
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Statement.php at line 300
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 468
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 546
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\DataWriter.php at line 1484
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\DataWriter.php at line 1473
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\DataWriter.php at line 1287
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\Model\Import.php at line 253
XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\Model\Import.php at line 770
XenForo_Model_Import->importPost() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin.php at line 1794
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepThreads() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\Importer\Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 152
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 101
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in M:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\admin.php at line 13

Look at the first line of your degug trace.... If you are receiving a variation of this server error (hex values may differ):-
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xF4\x80\x82\x83 blah blah'

then just to let you know, Kier and Mike are looking into this right now.

Look at the first line of your degug trace.... If you are receiving a variation of this server error (hex values may differ)
i change some lines in the converter file with preg_match string, to change the messagetext to another one with the postID, in case that "\xF4\x80\x82\x83" will in the message, but the pregmatch don't hit anything.
The good thing was, the process don't stop afterwards, don't know whats happend, but the conversion was successful at the end :D

i change some lines in the converter file with preg_match string, to change the messagetext to another one with the postID, in case that "\xF4\x80\x82\x83" will in the message, but the pregmatch don't hit anything.
The good thing was, the process don't stop afterwards, don't know whats happend, but the conversion was successful at the end :D
..... sorry, how did you manage to find the postID of the offending message? This is exactly what I am struggling to do - I want to pin down the message that is bawking this and not having a great deal of luck

ok, I just found out how to enable the developer debug, and I get an "Undefined index: field3" error on user import. The code verifies that "field1" is set, but it doesn't verify "field3", so I've made the following change.

Change this in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php
PHP:
        if (isset($user['field1']))
        {
            $import['about'] = $this->_convertToUtf8($user['field1']) . "\n\n" . $this->_convertToUtf8($user['field3']);
        }
        // TODO: potentially import additional custom fields as about

to this......
PHP:
        if (isset($user['field1']))
        {
            if (isset($user['field3']))
            {
                $import['about'] = $this->_convertToUtf8($user['field1']) . "\n\n" . $this->_convertToUtf8($user['field3']);
            }
            else
            {
                $import['about'] = $this->_convertToUtf8($user['field1']);
            }
        }
        // TODO: potentially import additional custom fields as about

@ Rob
\library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin.php
i change (it was only a testrun and i want find the Post)

PHP:
					$import = array(
						'thread_id' => $threadId,
						'user_id' => $this->_mapLookUp($userIdMap, $post['userid'], 0),
						'username' => $this->_convertToUtf8($post['username'], true),
						'post_date' => $post['dateline'],
						'message' => $this->_convertToUtf8($post['pagetext']),
						'attach_count' => $post['attach'],
						'ip' => $post['ipaddress']
					);
to
PHP:
					$post['pagetext'] = $this->_convertToUtf8($post['pagetext']);

if (preg_match('#\xF4\x80\x82\x83#',$post['pagetext'])) $post['pagetext'] = $this->_convertToUtf8('error '.$threadId.' findthetext');

$import = array(
						'thread_id' => $threadId,
						'user_id' => $this->_mapLookUp($userIdMap, $post['userid'], 0),
						'username' => $this->_convertToUtf8($post['username'], true),
						'post_date' => $post['dateline'],
						'message' => $post['pagetext'],
						'attach_count' => $post['attach'],
						'ip' => $post['ipaddress']
					);

the error do not come again and i also don't find a text with my "errormessage"

Importing PMs errors out with an unserialize() offset error once there is a special character like German umlauts öäü in the username within touserarray. Not sure if our vBulletin source database being in utf8_general_ci is another important detail?

I'm getting a similar error importing PM's
Code:
unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 3 bytes
[LIST=1][*][B]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()[/B]
[*][B]unserialize()[/B]in[B]XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php[/B]at line[B]1065[/B]
[/LIST]

Getting this error as soon I click on Import Users:

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xA7taar' for column 'account_name' at row 1
  1. [*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 300
    [*]Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 546
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 1741
    [*]XenForo_Model_User->updateIdentities() in XenForo/DataWriter/User.php at line 819
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter_User->rebuildIdentities() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 357
    [*]XenForo_Model_Import->importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 834
    [*]XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 659
    [*]XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importOrMergeUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 457
    [*]XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
    [*]XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 152
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 204
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 147
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132

My import is chocking on the User import. We have a fair number of users 160,000+, but it seems to be having a problem with custom fields from what I'm seeing in the debug output?

Importing on a testbed/sandbox server, so there's no use of the DB during import. vB 3.8.6 is the source DB. There is nothing in the system logs and no records written to the xf_error_log table. The debug output is:

Server Error

Undefined index: field3
  1. [*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 747
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 204
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 147
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ikeafans/public_html/xf/admin.php at line 13

Did a clean a fresh import with debug on. Same problems.
For a change I imported usergroups then forums and it looks like the forum names where imported except the details, number of discussions and number of posts are zero in several forums even though I got an error message.

Top Bottom