Design issue Import Custom Fields

Itworx4me

Hello,

I did a import from vB 3.8.5. I had a custom field Secret Word. Field was required at registration and only editable at registration. Now when you go to someones profile/about there secret word is shown. It doesn't show the Title of the custom field. Just there answer. If you go into the admin cp and click on custom user field it doesn't show the custom user field Secret Word. How do I go about getting rid of there answer on there profile page???

Thanks,
Itworx4me

Hello,

I did a import from vB 3.8.5. I had a custom field Secret Word. Field was required at registration and only editable at registration. Now when you go to someones profile/about there secret word is shown. It doesn't show the Title of the custom field. Just there answer. If you go into the admin cp and click on custom user field it doesn't show the custom user field Secret Word. How do I go about getting rid of there answer on there profile page???

Thanks,
Itworx4me
So you have an orphan custom field with no title, just the entry.

Well the first place to look for this would be here and remove it.
admin.php?user-fields/

Now if it's not listed there, you're going to have to carefully look into the database (backup before you go digging in there) and see the name of the column this is residing in. If you're unsure how to do that, send me PM and I'll have a look.

I suspect it's actually been imported into about. The standard fields in vB are fields 1-4 and they're imported into standard XF positions (including about, location, etc). There's a possibility that you could end up re-using those fields for your own custom fields if you deleted all of them in vB. Can you confirm the ID of this field?

I've only seen this once before. In general, unfortunately, it's not particularly easy to workaround (and there isn't really an easy way to detect it; we'd need to add an interface to handle this and it possibly spans multiple steps).

Top Bottom