1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Import Attached Files Error

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Lone Wolf, May 19, 2015.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

I'm doing an XF 1.4.7 import from a 5 year old forum into a fresh 1.4.7 install. I've selected for imported content ID's to replace existing content IDs.

Everything has worked fine up till I tied to 'Import Attached Files' and then I keep getting this error...

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Was there any content at all in the source destination forum?

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  3. Lone Wolf

Yes it's a copy of my live forum

4. Brogan

Then you can't retain IDs as the IDs are already in use.

5. Lone Wolf

Did you mean destination forum instead of source forum?

The source forum is the forum with all the ID's and content, the destination forum is empty and the content is being imported into it.

6. Brogan

Yes, I meant destination.

A duplicate entry error shouldn't be thrown if there is no content at all.
    Was there some content which was deleted?

Lone Wolf likes this.
  7. Lone Wolf

No nothing. It was a completely fresh install of 1.4.7. I changed the favicon and logo-og files and added some styles folders.Do you think it might be one of those?

8. Lone Wolf

So is there a way around this?

I allow attachments as part of my PC's and PC's are imported before attachments so could that be the reason?

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This shouldn't be related. In the destination forum, you can try emptying the xf_attachment and xf_attachment_data tables and then attempting to continue the import.

Lone Wolf likes this.
  10. Lone Wolf

Thanks Mike but I deleted everything and tried again. This time the attachments transferred without any problems.

I'll remember your advice about the attachment tables if it ever happens again.