Implement AMP Project framework

thumped

https://www.ampproject.org/

The Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project is an initiative to improve the mobile web and enhance the distribution ecosystem. If content is fast, flexible and beautiful, including compelling and effective ads, we can preserve the open web publishing model as well as the revenue streams so important to the sustainability of quality publishing.

AMP HTML is a new way to make web pages that are optimized to load instantly on users’ mobile devices. It is designed to support smart caching, predictable performance, and modern, beautiful mobile content. Since AMP HTML is built on existing web technologies, and not a template based system, publishers continue to host their own content, innovate on their user experiences, and flexibly integrate their advertising and business models -- all within a technical architecture optimized for speed and performance.

Upvote 196
If it were to be added by XF, I’d assume it would be an addon, and it would have a cost involved.
Whatever. I would have bought the add-on from XF too. Regardless of whether as an add-on or in the core, the problem is and remains XF has ignored the suggestion and ~ 187 potential customers for around 5 years. Whether as an add-on or in the core.
But it would be even more important to me that the mobile style from XF is just as fast as the desktop style. Then AMP becomes unimportant for us. ;)

So those that would find AMP support essential, would have to purchase the addon.
We were one of the first to do so. Unfortunately, there was still nothing from XF until then - which is what this suggestion is about.

Then of course with add-ons from third-party providers you always have the problem of how long the third-party provider has existed. If the third party is gone, you're in the rain.
It is therefore important to me and many others that useful functions are implemented by XF and do not have to be retrofitted as a third-party add-on.

But it would be even more important to me that the mobile style from XF is just as fast as the desktop style.
never understood why such a difference between mobile and pc results ... it remains a mystery for me and yes it should be resolved as a priority
Then of course with add-ons from third-party providers you always have the problem of how long the third-party provider has existed. If the third party is gone, you're in the rain.
And you also don't know if you buy a pretty expensive add-on and the next version of xf the feature is implemented because we have no visibility on what the xenforo developers are working on for the next version...

If you run Adsense, have you seen a corresponding increase in earnings?
Nope. I don't even see an increase in traffic. Yet. )
I have add-on only like 10 days. Google so far crawled only 10% of amp pages. I guess we need to wait at least for 3 months to see the real deal.

Top Bottom