That pure marketing material. It’s like publishing an article on ForumApps about how mobile apps are the next big thing and everyone should have ForumApps. Might be true might not be. But while pursuing my Masters, I’ve realized how research papers are manipulated to get results that will get your paper published, so I don’t buy anything that article says without experimenting it myself.
Okay, so research results that don't fit your standpoint is false.. great..
Don’t know why people think traffic=growth. But in most cases it’s not. In some cases it gives the site owner an ego boost. I don’t know what it is for your forum/community. But engaged community > any SEO hack or any hack in general. Google would automatically list your site at the top of you provide value and your community is actually helping people.
Yeah that was never the question..
Regardless if you have an engaged forum or not, having AMP will show you higher up in search results compared to having the same forum without AMP.
Of course you should as a forum owner also try to improve all other things, but it still doesn't change the fact that with all else equal, AMP will be shown higher up than non-AMP due to it improving various things that are ranking signals...
Why wouldn't we want to have both?:
✅ Engaged community
✅ AMP pages to bring more people into your Engaged community
Google was built to help people find what they are looking for faster. Your website wasn’t built so that optimization for Google visibility is the end goal.
Again, why can't you have both?
In the case of forum threads and posts, the content is very structured and therefore easy to "lay up" in AMP as well.
Why would I? 😂
Bonus: I went to Alexa and typed in a random website. Second click, found this website
Well you are saying something that I strongly believe isn't possible as if it was a fact.
Oh and that website: what??? Just because the site is currently down it can't have a good Alexa rank. (Try putting it into the Wayback Machine)
- If Xenforo.com goes down today, does that mean that it should not be able to have an Alexa rank of 8421 ?
Anyways, back to the topic, why don’t people just buy the add on from third party developer that’s been out there for quite some time now?
Can you link to this plugin and where to buy it? please
For Xf1.5 there was one and I had it in use before upgrading to Xf2, there was another Xf2 plugin but it doesn't seem to be for sale.
I would gladly pay 50$ for an addon like this. (Either to Xenforo as an extra to my license, or to some 3rd party dev)
1. When you start calling someone a liar, as far as I'm concerned anything else you might say no longer matters.
2. Why would anyone care about being in "Alexa Top 10M"? Alexa has never been a meaningful metricit surfe isn't meaningful today.
1. Yeah you are right, it might've been slightly childish, although not uncalled for as he is simply stating something as if it was a fact, when I don't think that would be possible at all. (Creating a WP blog, making 1 post, adding AMP plugin, and somehow getting it to be in Alexa top 10M)
- Therefore I called him a liar.
2. It was never a question about being in Alexa top 10M tho.
- he tried to say (without any proof) that Alexa top 10M can contain any crappy site and that it therefore is a bad gauge about big sites supporting AMP
There you go again, calling someone a liar.
btw, both those instances of calling him a liar were about the same thing
Anyway, lets skip the "he said she said" and ask you a very simple question @djbaxter @Aayush
On your forums, wouldn't you want to be able to simply enable a SEO option, and bring in a lot more traffic without having to do anything else?
- Try to disconnect from the fact that you personally don't click AMP links because you dislike them.
- Lets also assume that your forums are already well engaged from before