Implement AMP Project framework

thumped

https://www.ampproject.org/

The Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project is an initiative to improve the mobile web and enhance the distribution ecosystem. If content is fast, flexible and beautiful, including compelling and effective ads, we can preserve the open web publishing model as well as the revenue streams so important to the sustainability of quality publishing.

AMP HTML is a new way to make web pages that are optimized to load instantly on users’ mobile devices. It is designed to support smart caching, predictable performance, and modern, beautiful mobile content. Since AMP HTML is built on existing web technologies, and not a template based system, publishers continue to host their own content, innovate on their user experiences, and flexibly integrate their advertising and business models -- all within a technical architecture optimized for speed and performance.

Upvote 196
Interested for people to report back how they get on with it. AMP seems way less important now in 2021 so I'm not sure if it will give the traffic boost it once did.

I can't try it out as I'm still on 2.1, boo.

If you have an AMP page, Google will preferentially use that speed for ranking. So if your AMP page is faster than your non-AMP, it could still help.

Google has revealed that sites created with both a mobile and AMP version will have their mobile version crawled for indexing and the AMP version used for Web Vitals scoring.

Google will then use the AMP version for user experience ranking factors represented by the Web Vitals metrics.

If you have an AMP page, Google will preferentially use that speed for ranking. So if your AMP page is faster than your non-AMP, it could still help.
But is this article still relevant? Has it been written knowing that Google will change its algorithm in May 2021? The article dates from June 2020 ...

Chasing rainbows ...
Whatever. The fact is that our mobile pages with AMP, because of the far better speed, are rated better by Google and 1000s more users come to our pages - I love such "rainbows" :)

What imho is a shame, however, is that XF has been ignoring the suggestion and consent of many users for years.

What imho is a shame, however, is that XF has been ignoring the suggestion and consent of many users for years.
Okay with that and it doesn't boil down to this suggestion ... I wrote in another suggestion that this "suggestions" forum wasn't really useful use since the member's suggestions were implemented at 0.0001% ...

Because most of the suggestions are not reasonable to implement.
Exactly this. I must say I really get a lot of "custom requests" that would only be relevant for a specific customer's forum, and for those it doesn't make sense for me to implement it.

In those cases I just have to try and guide the customer into a more "general way" of solving their problem :)

anyway... now, when there is an add-on, what's the sense to shatter the air? those, who wanted amp already have it.
maybe because those who find AMP essential and that software like XenForo should implement it natively don't want to pay 40, 50 or 250 € more for this functionality. Personally I congratulated @mazzly for the development of its add-on and for its extreme responsiveness in responding to the problems of AMPXF users so I do not question its excellent work but I can also understand that XF users think AMP should be natively implemented.

If it were to be added by XF, I’d assume it would be an addon, and it would have a cost involved.

So those that would find AMP support essential, would have to purchase the addon.

Top Bottom