Implement AMP Project framework

thumped

https://www.ampproject.org/

The Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project is an initiative to improve the mobile web and enhance the distribution ecosystem. If content is fast, flexible and beautiful, including compelling and effective ads, we can preserve the open web publishing model as well as the revenue streams so important to the sustainability of quality publishing.

AMP HTML is a new way to make web pages that are optimized to load instantly on users’ mobile devices. It is designed to support smart caching, predictable performance, and modern, beautiful mobile content. Since AMP HTML is built on existing web technologies, and not a template based system, publishers continue to host their own content, innovate on their user experiences, and flexibly integrate their advertising and business models -- all within a technical architecture optimized for speed and performance.

Upvote 196
I really can not give you an exact data but roughly a %20 percent increase is what we have seen. It really depends. We now have about 200K AMP compatible pages and they recieve massive amounts of hits from Google. Day by day, smart phone usage is increasing and AMP is the best solution for delivering content to smartphones. It is instant as it is a CDN service provided by Google :)

the addon serve amp pages from google servers? i thought that only worked with top news publishers who work with google for this.
Kinda. It is not the add-on but the Google itself that hosts the content in it's CDN after content is AMP enabled. And no, anyone can benefit. That's why you should push for this feature.

I believe it will be designed for XenForo 2.0? As there is already an AMP add-on for XF1 and it works good.
Of course, is based on XF2 board.
You can see a proof here: https://www.inforge.net/forum/threa...na-avendo-il-numero-di-telefono.501281/?amp=1
Here is the AMP Validator: https://search.google.com/test/amp?...x&utm_campaign=suit&id=DOXK9qa438zAmfZZ2drZ5Q
For now we can't publish it (we are testing it on a very large board) because there's a lot of stuff to code for making it compatible with a lot of plugins and themes for XF2 ;)

A little update about AMP experience from 1.x to 2.x
Schermata 2018-02-14 alle 11.53.41.webp
Google now is fetching pages, I've send some corrections to Search Console so now we need to wait Google approval.
Based on this experience, there's some considerations to admit (maybe useful for who is developing or expect an AMP plugin):
  • If you expect the same forum in the AMP version, you will be disappointed. Is only a static version of the website, not (yet) interactive
  • Most of the problems are caused by users, that don't know how to compile BBcode (tag <a url="blasphemy ThiS Is NOt aN UrL"> in primis)
  • Some problems was caused by plugins and their features (i.e. Tapatalk smilies)
  • Most of "sh*tty-coded" plugins uses inline styling, which is not supported by AMP standard
For now we have "only" 600+/- pages crawled correctly by Google, we expect to exceed at least 10k pages. After that, I hope we can see some improvements in Analytics.

Top Bottom