Add-on IMDB Info Grabber as BBCODE

Can't post in public ! If you want i can PC you . It was passed to me by someone else here i am looking for same add-on for upcoming project.

Don't bother, not that important anyway seeing as the mod isn't even available.

You cant post the URL... or post a pic of this.

Picture has already been posted of the forum he's talk about in: Post 17.

Don't bother, not that important anyway seeing as the mod isn't even available.
That's a shame. :(

Anyone know if there's a reason the Add-on hasn't been made publicly available, or whether it's just that no-one has asked that particular XenForo owner?

But don't see the url of the web... :rolleyes:

That's because:

Can't post in public ! If you want i can PC you . It was passed to me by someone else here i am looking for same add-on for upcoming project.

I am just running my final tests for this , but it takes a while to test everything as well as the display of the data on all of the different browser/OS combinations simply because I work alone and have no one that I believe I can trust that is willing or has the time to do anything for me.

I will get back here when I get it done...if someone else get's one out before me, disregard this. I only did it to have code to write about a topic I like and know about from a site that I love and have used for years. That would motivate me to finish it because it could potentially serve a decent purpose.

Like I said, back to whatever.

I am just running my final tests for this , but it takes a while to test everything as well as the display of the data on all of the different browser/OS combinations simply because I work alone and have no one that I believe I can trust that is willing or has the time to do anything for me.

I will get back here when I get it done...if someone else get's one out before me, disregard this. I only did it to have code to write about a topic I like and know about from a site that I love and have used for years. That would motivate me to finish it because it could potentially serve a decent purpose.

Like I said, back to whatever.

If you need help, because you do not use beta testers. I offer myself.

a reminder that this will be a standalone unsupported addon as I can't control how often they change their page structure and now I have went from 24 hours a day free will time to about on average now - 5 hours of free will time after 'to-do' stuff, laundry etc...this is not something I am willing to commit to as a supported thing.

unless I fix the one tedious thing I was stuck on with one of the iterations of this, I will release it as is so long as testing goes ok.

If I do manage to figure out how to do the thing I need to do and am stuck on for this to be what I would call complete, then I would then be more apt to and will more than likely make it a supported thing.

I am thinking of possibly moving into a new direction and may be able to account for a greater amount of time to be available for furthering the path I have been on here for a couple years by trying to achieve the same end that I started with but radically changing my approach with a new concrete set of systematics that I will follow as a mock business model which I call a mock business because I am not trying to profit and actually am trying not to profit in cash since that is not what my end is. My end is communication and exploration and sharing ideas and information to the greater end being everyone benefits when the competition raises the bar without compromising the principle. In my view the only thing that should ever be compromised should be something compromised in the name of peace and getting along or a deeper understanding.

If you need help, because you do not use beta testers. I offer myself.
It is not that...well first off I don't make a habit of nor ever 'use' anyone for anything, the shallowest I go is an even trade hours-for-dollars otherwise I for the most treat life like a well run check-book and pay the account forward and keep a buffer.

To make most clear my problem...

I most specifically don't know anyone that I can communicate efficiently preferably with voice+text in real time that I can trust that may or may not have some basic coding skills or a basic idea of how things work vs any random individual who may want a change in something and think it is a simple bit of key banging while in actuality it could be a task that would take as long to implement as the beta example itself.

I can summarize it as this in the most general manner of directivity to anyone reading this pertaining to any task that one could encounter in life. There are so many different things available to do to occupy someone's time for a good part of the day and there is sooooo many people everywhere that it is most difficult to find someone who can just do the job currently at hand without causing a loss in time-to-production simply because of the need to train someone how to work alongside another on the same frequency to minimize complications due to a lack of cognition of whatever was a miss.. Time is money and when you work for free it has to mean something inside and productivity matters to a person who is all heart. You can't replace time.

I am not going to be having beta testers, I was literally saying that as a statement in general...the people I already know well enough to give some or complete access to the work at this point are like I said too busy or are doing their own thing right now.

Unfortunately for everyone who wants this, my personality won't let me ask for any more help as I have asked for plenty already and have gained a lot of knowledge and insight development related and I know for a fact that the people who have helped me here have given me what I consider to be too much of their uncompensated time for making me able to efficiently complete some basic to intermediate tasks such as simple addons and mediasites and such. I would feel bad asking those same people to monopolize at least a total of an hour or two with me to achieve my ends when those 2 hours are helping way more people if they are spent helping the forums in general rather than me for a very specific and semi-complicated single task.

Thanks for the offer but respectfully no, it is what it is and I am a stubborn dude. Unless circumstances change the time factor won't change and unless the ideal iteration somehow manifests itself... no official support will be offered by me when complete.

Sorry for the long ass post, I haven't typed a lot in a while and a good exercise of the fingers was in order.

until later then...

No .... but I can never find anyone who wants to work with me on stuff....so I have other things I can do...again I have this working and it just needs tweeks here and there...but it can use one more thing...and frankly at this point I can't do what I want with it.

If it does get released it will be without support but I don't have anyone to work with on the last part so even though it works...it is not 100% of my visions yet so unless someone with some skill pops up out of nowhere and says they want to help me...it is not getting released yet.

Sorry Broham.

No .... but I can never find anyone who wants to work with me on stuff....so I have other things I can do...again I have this working and it just needs tweeks here and there...but it can use one more thing...and frankly at this point I can't do what I want with it.

If it does get released it will be without support but I don't have anyone to work with on the last part so even though it works...it is not 100% of my visions yet so unless someone with some skill pops up out of nowhere and says they want to help me...it is not getting released yet.

Sorry Broham.

I don't know any coding as far as that goes, but would be willing to test it out, see what breaks, etc...

I don't know any coding as far as that goes, but would be willing to test it out, see what breaks, etc...
That's a good look...

Hopefully I can find a coder in the meantime to help me with this one task...otherwise there isn't anything to test....it displays just fine and can be styled in anyway you want as it is now...the data retrieval works 100% already. My problem is with something technical I want to do to make this not effect page load times almost at all comparatively.

Can't you use a iframe to get the mobile version of imdb to be displayed when the bbcode is entered?
Sorry if I seem stupid! :P I have never worked with a bbcode addon yet!

you could...but it will look ugly as hell...and really because of the layout of the data you want from IMDB ...it would also need to scroll to see all of it.

That's a good look...

Hopefully I can find a coder in the meantime to help me with this one task...otherwise there isn't anything to test....it displays just fine and can be styled in anyway you want as it is now...the data retrieval works 100% already. My problem is with something technical I want to do to make this not effect page load times almost at all comparatively.
I keep getting distracted by stewart1champ's Gangnam Style icon everywhere I go, so... I have to ask... what is the technical thing you want to do?

Top Bottom