Images for Trophies

Onimua

I'm unsure if this is actually possible at the moment, not having seen the back-end and options for myself yet but tossing this up:

Allow for the ability to attach images with trophies. Sort of like Xbox Live achievements that have little icons associated with them, it'd be nice to glance at one and know what it's for.

It would also be great if the software could auto-generate thumbnails so that when you look at a user's profile you'd see a small list of the last obtained trophies, and then clicking the number (which brings up the full list with names and descriptions) would show a larger version of that icon.

Upvote 52
I brought up the possibility of images for the trophies yesterday. Though for the life of me, I don't remember what the outcome of that discussion was, lol.

*brain fart* :confused:

+100 for this idea. Half the fun of getting an achievement on Xbox Live is seeing the little image (and description), especially with the Halo games (Bungie makes great little icons). Adding image support to the trophies would make them a ton more fun and is necessary, IMO. :)

Kinda off-topic, but I really liked the achievement pictures from Fallout 3.

I would say that the priority would be to get the trophy system fleshed out a bit more before images become significant. Right now, I'd say that it's lacking. Stack Overflow has some cool badges, though very few could be implemented out of the box with what we have now. Of course, some things would have to be tracked specifically for this. (Like "visiting every day for X period")

Kinda off-topic, but I really liked the achievement pictures from Fallout 3.

I would say that the priority would be to get the trophy system fleshed out a bit more before images become significant. Right now, I'd say that it's lacking. Stack Overflow has some cool badges, though very few could be implemented out of the box with what we have now. Of course, some things would have to be tracked specifically for this. (Like "visiting every day for X period")

I'm not actually a member on Stack Overflow so I wouldn't know about their system - but I visit a lot (usually from Google searches about some quirky PHP/MySQL thing ;)). It would be cool if you tracked detailed stats like that, although I can see database requirements escalating quickly. At the very least it would be cool if you tracked the total amount of time spent on the forums - that would be a really cool stat to display...

"Yes, I've spent 50 days, 4 hours of my life on the XenForo forums! :D"

Also off topic, but you should check out some of the hi-res badges Bungie just released for Halo: Reach. They are quite good:
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_070910 (scroll down)

I'm unsure if this is actually possible at the moment, not having seen the back-end and options for myself yet but tossing this up:

Allow for the ability to attach images with trophies. Sort of like Xbox Live achievements that have little icons associated with them, it'd be nice to glance at one and know what it's for.

It would also be great if the software could auto-generate thumbnails so that when you look at a user's profile you'd see a small list of the last obtained trophies, and then clicking the number (which brings up the full list with names and descriptions) would show a larger version of that icon.

I like this idea, achievements for the forums. All should be at the discretion of the boards admin and could be toggled on or off. Or assigned by the admin themselves manually if need be.

- trophies​
- Number of posts​
- Each year a forum members​
- Answers Questions/ helpful to other members​
- Helpful to admins/moderators​
- reports spam/other issues​
- posts usefull information to the board itself.​
- referred a members​
- ......​

Have these listed under the avatar via a small icon, that when you mouse over they enlarge, so you can make out what they mean

Forum Achievements (or trophies) are a pretty awesome thing. It's going to be a social thing for members, a reason to return to the site. And that means more active users, more posting users, more returning members, and more ppl socially connecting to show off to each other or help each other achieve the goals.

The best thing about these throphies is that it's not kid oriented. It's basically the same thing vBulletin has for user title promotions like Senior Member when 100 posts are reach but this is more fun and socially active. :)

Forum Achievements (or trophies) are a pretty awesome thing. It's going to be a social thing for members, a reason to return to the site. And that means more active users, more posting users, more returning members, and more ppl socially connecting to show off to each other or help each other achieve the goals.

just like the vbexperience product (made by phalanyx) :) agreed this is a 'must have' feature ...

I'm bumping this to throw my 2 cents in there. I'd like to be able to customise the images for my trophies, as well as setting custom images for specific trophies (If I have a trophy stating 'Receive 100 likes' I'd probably want to have something relating to a like function in there.

Top Bottom