ImageMagick rather than GD.

Renovator

I have a box ready with ImageMagick in lieu of GD for a PhotoPost Classifieds install.

I just noticed, as I was about to PayPal, that Xen info shows a GD install requirement.

Do I need it, or can I specify IM during the install config ?

Thanx

You can specify it in your settings post-install.XenForo can make use of ImageMagick.. but in my experience their implementation is a bit buggy (though still very usable) and I'm not sure the installer will run without GD.

Thanx Jeremy.

That was the implication I got from my search fu.

My cPanel install seems like a couple others, in that mySQLi and GD need to be activated/installed/configured. Appears both can be lit up through their 'easyapache' interface.

I'll back up httpd.conf first.

FTR, while there is a cPanel script from commandline for PHP extension management, mySQLi is not 'available' on mine.

When you build PHP using EasyApache, you have to select MySQLi in there so it compiles it when it's built.

I've got GD and ImageMagick set up, but I've gone back to GD. When members uploaded images, apache went mad and the load used to shoot up, with loads of apache processes being spawned as the image(s) were being processed.

When you build PHP using EasyApache, you have to select MySQLi in there so it compiles it when it's built.

I've got GD and ImageMagick set up, but I've gone back to GD. When members uploaded images, apache went mad and the load used to shoot up, with loads of apache processes being spawned as the image(s) were being processed.
That happened to me too, I reverted to a different version of ImageMagick & Imagick and it's been fine. Animated gifs don't get animated thumbnails though. Using ImageMagick through the command-line works fine so it's either a bug in Imagick (PHP extension) or XF.

cPanel is going through some pretty major changes and no longer gives you the option to install ImageMagick via EasyApache. If you want it, you have to install it yourself on the server.

Since they've made the change, I'm getting sporadic errors which I'm going to have to iron out one of these days. It's not impacting server performance, but I just hate seeing stuff in the error logs. I'll most likely rip ImageMagick out and then reinstall from scratch.

Yeah, I've been on 11.36 for a while now, as I had my update schedule set to Current. I'm now back on Release since they have released 11.36 into the Release branch.

Top Bottom