Resource icon

Image Zoom

Sheldon

stewart1champ submitted a new resource:

Image Zoome - Yeah, like it said. Image Zoom.

I have been asked a couple times on how this is accomplished (or how I personally did it), and after a quick convo with someone about posting it here, I will do just that.

Anywho, I will use my FamilyGuyFans site as my example.

It gets asked quite a bit how I pull "Showcase" images to do this. I want to be clear, these are not images in that add-on, nor any other add-on. These images are created by you, and put on your...​

Read more about this resource...

In case this is of use to anyone, I used the following to add the same sort of effect to @Chris Deeming's Gallery addon New Media block

Code:
.recentMediaBlock .thumbContainer img:hover {
  transform: scale(1.3);
  transition: all 0.1s ease-in-out 0;
  z-index: 2;
  position: relative !important;
-moz-box-shadow: 3px 3px 4px #000;
-webkit-box-shadow: 3px 3px 4px #000;
box-shadow: 3px 3px 4px #000;
/* For IE 8 */
-ms-filter: "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(Strength=4, Direction=135, Color='#000000')";
/* For IE 5.5 - 7 */
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(Strength=4, Direction=135, Color='#000000');
}

The shadow bit made it look slightly nicer with my tests but I've not fully tested it on all browsers yet.

If I have an item that's within the MessageUserInfo section but won't expand outside of it, any idea on how to make it appear over top? I've included an image that shows what I'm referencing:

PostbitIssue.webp

I need this because people keep asking me what my site's about and it's hard to tell now that I've made my forum private, so I created a screenshot of what my site looks like while logged in. I want to add that screenshot as a thumbnail that zooms out when clicked on. How do I do that? Is this resource on your site sheldenbowyer.com?

I need this because people keep asking me what my site's about and it's hard to tell now that I've made my forum private, so I created a screenshot of what my site looks like while logged in. I want to add that screenshot as a thumbnail that zooms out when clicked on. How do I do that? Is this resource on your site sheldenbowyer.com?

@DRE Just use what I posted above as a basis for your own implementation.

Reactions: DRE
Top Bottom