Fixed Image uploads

DannyCutts

Hiya

I am trying to set my forum up to allow large image uploads as most modern cameras are good but i have ran into some issues....

Well the issues are it doesnt work :-(

We have increased the upload_max_filesize, post_max_size and max_execution_time in your php.ini file. T

http://www.plasterersforum.com/phpinfo.php

here is a screenshot of my attachment settings as well :-)

Any ideas suggestions please this is doing my head itTPFAtt.webp

The behaviour you're describing doesn't necessarily sound like a bug. Generally this will still be a server configuration.

What is the error message you're receiving?

There's an additional built in limit within XenForo that will skip files that are too large to resize (to avoid memory issues).

Incidentally, your memory_limit of 96M is unlikely to be anywhere near sufficient to upload and resize large images, so you will need to look at raising that, too.

it just says file too large...

I have emailed my VPS about the memory limit....

Where is the built in limit?

Most phones these days have great cameras... if people cannot upload directly from them then the feature is pointless... its hard enough competing with facebook so this is essential

In config.php add the following:

PHP:
$config['maxImageResizePixelCount'] = 20000000;

Note the value above is actually the default so you would be looking at something larger than that.

What was the exact error message word for word, or a screenshot? It has some relevance and may help us identify more easily in the code where the error is occurring.

Ironically, the actual reason for this is that your maximum attachment file size is too large.

I just clocked how big it actually was - too many zeroes to register it being a problem - but indeed, I reckon if you made it something reasonable like 200000 (which is still ~200 MB) it might go through.

Top Bottom