Implemented Image upload ability in style properties (background-image)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This was more of an oversight than anything, so we've added it. Plus it was basically one line of code. :)

Worth noting that this isn't really targeted at style developers, because the file will be uploaded into the data directory, so it's not really for redistribution situations. (It's first purpose is to make things easier for people who aren't comfortable with FTP.)

This was more of an oversight than anything, so we've added it. Plus it was basically one line of code. :)

Worth noting that this isn't really targeted at style developers, because the file will be uploaded into the data directory, so it's not really for redistribution situations. (It's first purpose is to make things easier for people who aren't comfortable with FTP.)

This is great, thank you! Just for clarification, will I be able to approach it like this:

Create a style that has a background image for the "Page background". In the asset locations, I define as

Asset KeyAsset path
backgroundsstyles/backgrounds

Inside the "Page background" property defines the background as:

Code:
%ASSET:backgrounds%/background1.png

Then if a user clicks the upload icon and uploads their own background in their child style, it'll place that inside their data folder.

This is great, thank you! Just for clarification, will I be able to approach it like this:

Create a style that has a background image for the "Page background". In the asset locations, I define as

Asset KeyAsset path
backgroundsstyles/backgrounds

Inside the "Page background" property defines the background as:

Code:
%ASSET:backgrounds%/background1.png

Then if a user clicks the upload icon and uploads their own background in their child style, it'll place that inside their data folder.
@Russ thank you for posting this--it solved my dev problem to provision new assets outside of a theme directory. Once one sees the process to create a new asset directory, and then craft the pointer to find it, the rest is easy!

Top Bottom