Add-on Image re-size add-on

I might be mistaken but doesn't xenforo already make images smaller to fit within the constraints of a thread?

Big_Tropicasol_Wallpaper_ak2zs.jpg

Its not being resized, its being scaled down via css or javascript.

EDIT;
Doh, the image was too small :(

I don't know why the images would need to be physically resized? That wouldn't be possible for an external image anyways unless it was actually uploaded to the forum.

I don't know why the images would need to be physically resized? That wouldn't be possible for an external image anyways unless it was actually uploaded to the forum.
I agree, if you want that, it is better to disallow image tags and just allow attachments.

I might be mistaken but doesn't xenforo already make images smaller to fit within the constraints of a thread?

I need this too for external links of images. This is the only way to differentiate between usergroups and not wasting server space...

Not physically re-sized, the add-on would just scale it to fit within the posting area. I know it's possible because it's a add-on for Mybb.

To do this your addon would need to download these images and resize them, using both bandwidth and processing power. Depending on the size of linked images and the amount of images your users link to this can be seriously taxing to your server. This is also the reason why image uploads are often limited in size and resolution.

It is possible to make an addon for this, but the reason it's generally not done is simply due to the above mentioned issues (performance & bandwidth). The cons quite simply outweigh the pro's.

Top Bottom