Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.1.8

No permission to buy ($29.00)
Will any features of this add-on conflict with the new Xenforo 2.3 version, which also includes image optimization?

After installing this plugin, how long do I need to wait until my existing 32 GB of files has been optimized and reflects in the stats?

For some reason, it cannot optimize some GIF images, like the one attached.

PHP:
Server error log

LogicException: Failed to optimize image src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php:202
Generated by: Admin Oct 3, 2023 at 1:32 AM

Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionIOTest(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'IoTest', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#6 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#7 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/io-test"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://xf2.com/admin.php?tools/io-test"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/io-test"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(1) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}
It's bug from that lib: https://github.com/kohler/gifsicle/issues/180

Getting these for a weekish now. How do we resolve?

Stack Trace:
Code:
#0 src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/Images/AbstractImage.php(83): Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\Images\AbstractImage->exec('/usr/bin/pngqua...', NULL)
#1 src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/Job/Optimizer.php(209): Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\Images\AbstractImage->optimize('/home/mesohaven...')
#2 src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/Job/Optimizer.php(135): Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\Job\Optimizer->optimizeImageFile('internal-data:/...', Object(Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\ContentData\ImageProxy))
#3 src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/Job/Optimizer.php(79): Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\Job\Optimizer->processImages(Array, 'image_proxy', Object(XF\Timer), 424)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\Job\Optimizer->run(8)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#7 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#8 {main}

Req State:
Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(50) "https://mesozoichaven.com/path-of-titans/commands/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I'd say in the meantime, you can always use cloudinary and download the optimized images that it makes for you here.

I'd say in the meantime, you can always use cloudinary and download the optimized images that it makes for you here.

The purpose of this addon is it does it for all members in their posts & threads. I can't optimize other people's uploads, only my own. I already run through Affinity Photo to optimize my

Is anyone seeing an increase in issues where this addon is deleting attachments as they are processed? I've been helping with a site that had this installed, and when the image was being optimized, it was logged that it was being optimized, and then the .data file was removed from the file system, resulting in missing attachments.

Saw a few missing attachments in the error log a few days ago but not sure if it has anything to do with this add-on (which I have been using for a long time).

Also using Cloudflare R2 btw....

Saw a few missing attachments in the error log a few days ago but not sure if it has anything to do with this add-on (which I have been using for a long time).

Also using Cloudflare R2 btw....
We tested this extensively.

Upload the images, and as soon as this addon "optimized" them, they were deleted from the file system. This was happening before the site moved the attachments to R2, and continued once they were on there:

Example:

1705591617703.webp

Uploaded images present in R2

1705591356456.webp

Addon optimizes the images per the above log extract.

File then missing:

1705591531317.webp

Is anyone seeing an increase in issues where this addon is deleting attachments as they are processed?
I haven't... but I only do local storage currently... and do upload quite a few larger attachments (6-12MB images) an also have my RSS feed attachments processed (frequently contain images).

It appears to be jpeg images that are being deleted. Which makes me think it's the jpegoptim binary causing it. I've just downloaded the offcial latest version as the one provided is 1.5.1

Code:
./jpegoptim --version
jpegoptim v1.5.1  x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (Nov  7 2023)
Copyright (C) 1996-2023, Timo Kokkonen

This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to redistirbute it under certain conditions.
See the GNU General Public License for more details.

libjpeg version: 6b  27-Mar-1998
Copyright (C) 1991-2020 The libjpeg-turbo Project and many others

but the latest is 1.5.5
Code:
# ./jpegoptim --version
jpegoptim v1.5.5  Linux (Aug 10 2023)
Copyright (C) 1996-2023, Timo Kokkonen

This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
See the GNU General Public License for more details.

libjpeg version: 6b  27-Mar-1998
Copyright (C) 1991-2022 The libjpeg-turbo Project and many others

Top Bottom