Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.1.8

No permission to buy ($29.00)
I believe the default settings.

But you have to know that my forum is quite old (from 2001) and the original images that were uploaded in those days were much less compressed then they are nowadays. The savings on those old images are much greater because of that.

Yeah my forum is from the late 90s as well, we've got around 250gb of attachments that need to be optimized, and it's looking like it's going to take 60 days at this rate

How did you tweak the cron job, all I saw was that it was set to run every 5 minutes. I was able to adjust the number of images done at one time and changed config.php so it wouldn't time out when doing them

Depending on your resources, change it to run every 1-3 minutes, combined with the number of images at a time.

The cron job set up by the add on only allows it to run every 5 min, how did you change it to run faster?

You can disable it and create a matching CUSTOM cron job - copy the exact set-up of the disabled one, then change the time to whatever interval you'd like (down to 1 minute minimum which is the fastest cycle you can run the cron).

You'll also probably want to change the cron trigger to server-based to ensure it runs every minute. See here, and also here. Otherwise it will still only trigger based on activity on the site.

Interestingly this image optimizer add-on failed to compress any of my 190,000+ images for me, but the Cloudflare Image Resizing add-on is working fantasticly so far.

Here are some stats since less than an hour after I've installed the new add-on:

1653054351605.png

If you're having issues with the tl-image-optimizer like I had been, might want to check out the cloudflare image resizing add-on.

Cloudflare doesn’t save you any disk space though, which was the primary motivator for us to use this add-on.

CF is a good alternative to improve loading speed though 👍

Hi @truonglv

I've run the setup.sh, it's says:
You may put this value for pngquant option in ACP: /xxxx/public_html/src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/pngquant
You may put this value for jpegoptim option in ACP: /xxxx/public_html/src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/jpegoptim
You may put this value for gifsicle option in ACP: /xxxx/public_html/src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/gifsicle

I've entered the paths and pressed 'Verify' but I get an error:
TypeError: Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\Repository\Log::testBinary(): Argument #2 ($error) must be of type string, null given, called in /xxxx/public_html/src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php on line 45 in src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/Repository/Log.php at line 228
  1. Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\Repository\Log->testBinary() in src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 45
  2. Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionIoCheck() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  3. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  4. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2352
  7. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  8. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,

Alex

Ah, since I downloaded it version 2.0.8 came out. Now sorted!

Since I've been running it we ended up on:
1654452351395.png

Now mainly compressing new uploads and proxy images.

20% is actually quite good because I did some compression on the files about 3 years ago and 8GB isn't going to come from anywhere else. I was a bit depressed when it started off it was saying 40% and then it gradually went downhill, but I'm human. ;)

Thank you @truonglv!

Alex

Since I've been running it we ended up on:
View attachment 269182

Now mainly compressing new uploads and proxy images.

20% is actually quite good because I did some compression on the files about 3 years ago and 8GB isn't going to come from anywhere else. I was a bit depressed when it started off it was saying 40% and then it gradually went downhill, but I'm human. ;)

Thank you @truonglv!

Alex
1654453232696.png
Guess I'll enjoy this Saved percentage while I can? hahaha. Just setup our site a couple weeks ago, so getting that initial activity will be tricky.

I'm not sure if this plugin works with more than avatars and post attachments though. Does this work with Media Gallery? Bob's Blogs addon?

-----

1654453582080.webp
What does the other 2 options mean? If an image is smaller than say... 1080p it doesn't resize for 'exact dimensions'? (most users have 1080p as max, but Pro has up to 4K)
Resize to short edge dimensions... assuming that means whichever dimension is smaller or?

Last edited:
Top Bottom