Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.1.8

No permission to buy ($29.00)
Thanks, I guess this means it's running which is a positive.

I'm not seeing any logs or anything under tools, I see many users in this thread showing something from tools showing how much space they've saved but I can't find anything similar.

Do I wait or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks
Did you set the binary path? In your images it seems not installed correctly.

Hi, I don't know what this means so I'm guessing no.

How and where can I do this?

Thanks for your help! :)

A very helpful support from my server has given me the three binary paths and they verified okay so fingers crossed it should now be working.

Where will I see the logs?

Thanks again for your help

I set the 3 binary path fields in the addon options and verified them but I'm still getting very many of the errors:

Screenshot 2022-02-04 12.02.40 PM.webp

Any ideas how I can solve this?

Thanks

I set the 3 binary path fields in the addon options and verified them but I'm still getting very many of the errors:

View attachment 264317

Any ideas how I can solve this?

Thanks

According to those errors you have records of attachments in your database, but the actual files associated with those attachment records do not actually exist so the plugin cannot process them. There's nothing the plugin can do about this; it is something you will have to fix before continuing.

For the record, I had a bunch of similar errors too (a few thousand out of several millions of attachments) for reasons unknown. You might just have a large batch of missing attachments, or this might indicate a more serious problem with your forum attachment configuration that needs to be resolved.

Hi @truonglv been testing this add on out now and was curious if it's possible to support a specific defined usergroup skipping image optimizations to preserve original image quality i.e. paid premium usergroup upgrade with usergroup id = XX and then have this addon skip optimizing images for that usergroup id = XX ? Could be a motivational tool to promote paid user upgrades = preserve image quality of attachments and their avatars :)

Hi @truonglv been testing this add on out now and was curious if it's possible to support a specific defined usergroup skipping image optimizations to preserve original image quality i.e. paid premium usergroup upgrade with usergroup id = XX and then have this addon skip optimizing images for that usergroup id = XX ? Could be a motivational tool to promote paid user upgrades = preserve image quality of attachments and their avatars :)
Great idea.

@truonglv would it be at all possible to get an option to ignore animated gif for optimization? The quality drop for animated gif has made it so that I have not been able to use this add-on since I first reported it.

Allow skip optimize images in specific types
Updated to 2.0.5 and not seeing that as an option in settings?

• You must update binary path to valid path after update to this version. In previous version you can leave binary path as empty.

Any reason why you can't also do a check for common paths for this too and use them if they're available?

Code:
/usr/bin/pngquant
/usr/bin/jpegoptim
/usr/bin/gifsicle

Last edited:

Any reason why you can't also do a check for common paths for this too and them if they're available?

Code:
/usr/bin/pngquant
/usr/bin/jpegoptim
/usr/bin/gifsicle
I had the same issue; you need to remove the path entirely from the extension you do not want to optimize, and then re-save I believe.

Totally didn't re-import the add-on twice, and spend more time than I want to admit trying to see if I was missing something at 2AM.

Any reason why you can't also do a check for common paths for this too and use them if they're available?

Code:
/usr/bin/pngquant
/usr/bin/jpegoptim
/usr/bin/gifsicle
Default installed binary maybe older or newer version so maybe some options did not work well with that. For the new feature it did not add new option just update existing options. Please read the explain for each binary options.

Default installed binary maybe older or newer version so maybe some options did not work well with that. For the new feature it did not add new option just update existing options. Please read the explain for each binary options.
Ah, I see now, the only choice is setting the image tool to an empty path to prevent optimization for those type of images. I was looking for a similar to usergroup exclusion option i.e. setting extension type or inspected image type given Xenforo seems to upload some images as .jpg extension

Leave this option empty if you don't want to optimize this images type.

For ImageMagick, you can check image type easily

Code:
identify -format %m 2.jpg
PNG

Guess either way does the same thing :)

That's a shame, I'd really like to be able to process the 386k of attachments with a cli command during the 6-8 hr 'quiet' time overnight when visitors and server load is very low.
You should be okay to let it run in the default batch process. It's worked it's way through just over 200k attachments, albeit not very compressed...

1646353134303.webp

You should be okay to let it run in the default batch process.
Yeah, will just takes weeks to be done. Server sits mostly idle whilst most users are sleeping, so why not let Image Optimizer churn away (albeit with a niceness scheduling) during those hours.

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 20.41.58.webp

What do these 0 size attachments mean? The add-on couldn't process them (because of image type?) or that I really do have 0 byte attachments? And if the latter, best way to identify and deal with them?

Top Bottom