Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.1.8

No permission to buy ($29.00)

truonglv

truonglv submitted a new resource:

[tl] Image Optimizer for XF 2.x - Optimize all attachments in your forum to save disk space.

• Add-on have provide a powerful settings in ACP options. You MUST settings option before running optimize images.
  • All files will be overwrite then you cannot revert the file to original.

DESCRIPTION
Optimizing all images which stored in XenForo to lower size and do not loss quality.

Supported:
  • XenForo default attachments
  • Image Proxy Cache

Read more about this resource...

Is that trigger deferred bit still relevant? I wasn't able to find "RunDeferred" in any template at all..

Does this addon work for conversations and media gallery as well? Or is it just for forum posts/replies?

Does this addon delete missing files from the database during optimization?

Background:
I had an HDD crash some time ago and have some files in my xenforo database which are not present on HDD anymore.
It would be great if this addon would optimize the files (to reduce the needed HDD capacity) and clean the databse from missing images/files.

I can totally recommend this add-on. Also the response of the author is very quickly and helpfull. If you have suggestions he agreed very often and update the add-on. You can find some screens in the attachments. Its not much, but it shows you how good it works.

Attachments

• E521CA68-1AC2-40F0-BC15-4610FE8A40BB.webp
    E521CA68-1AC2-40F0-BC15-4610FE8A40BB.webp
    20 KB · Views: 154
  • 9FD29C1D-A9CD-41EA-8AC5-D1C0E004C04B.webp
    9FD29C1D-A9CD-41EA-8AC5-D1C0E004C04B.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 154
It's not. But I can add an option to do it.
This would be great, because I try to find an addon which - besides optimizing uploaded images and saving diskspace - checks if the file which is stored on HDD is still linked in the database (due to a HDD crash I lost some Gigabytes of attachments and had to restore an older version of the database, so some files are still on HDD but not in use any more).

Is there an advantage to using this add-on over something like this one?
https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/addons/image_optimizer

The ThemeHouse one relies on having a Kraken.io subscription, but I can’t understand why I should pay for a kraken subscription when I can use your add-on instead.

Maybe you can offer some input on this @truonglv?
The big advantage that you don't need pay extra fee each months. And the disadvantage that you MUST have an VPS to use this add-on.

Top Bottom