Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.1.8

No permission to buy ($29.00)
Truonglv, i just installed the add-on 3 days ago, but the optimizations are not having any effect in what i see in the logs:

1637585729124.webp

No errors or bugs logged in my XF Server Log.

Anything I'm doing wrong? The configuration seems ok:

1637586359165.webp

I have the exact same problem and clicking the button does absolutely nothing other than showing "Please enter a valid binary path.".
Look like you did not run the setup script. I have updated add-on description, so please check the installation section.

Look like you did not run the setup script. I have updated add-on description, so please check the installation section.
Ok I just tested and the command does not work correctly because I get this error:
.+=========================+
+ Image Optimizer Setup +
+=========================+

Checking requirements...
- git: installed in /usr/bin/git
- autoconf: is not installed in /usr/bin/autoconf

Thanks for the quick support @truonglv!

With the instructions provided become much more easier.

Just some two quick commands in the console and it's done.

Now the optimization is working, since i ran the script today, after so many days after the installation, we have a lot of gigabytes (~60) to deal with.

Btw, the images that was processed in the pass, since the installation of the add-on, can we restart the add-on since i have 120 pages of log of 'not optimized images'?

Thanks for the quick support @truonglv!

With the instructions provided become much more easier.

Just some two quick commands in the console and it's done.

Now the optimization is working, since i ran the script today, after so many days after the installation, we have a lot of gigabytes (~60) to deal with.

Btw, the images that was processed in the pass, since the installation of the add-on, can we restart the add-on since i have 120 pages of log of 'not optimized images'?
Yes. But uninstall add-on then install again. You don’t need to run the script again but you may check the button Verify after it installed.

Doing great here my friend:

1637753829677.webp

And my configuration for optimization was very easy on the approach, not so much reduction and not so much speed.

"Just" more 49,5GB to go.

:ROFLMAO:

Using the default gif settings (max 80%) I'm experience a severe drop in quality for animated gif where they come out severely grainy.

Sent a PM with examples.

Last edited:
Guess the only option then is to not use the add-on, as the quality drop for gif images is extremely bad.

Is there a trigger to stop the addon from working with gif/jpf/png?
Are the old pictures deleted after optimizing?
Is there any "back to original" (for jpg/gif/png) possible?
Can i test this with some pictures like for just one picture, post, thread, forum, by date?

I like the idea very much, because wie have tenthousands of pictures, but almost all of them are minimized by hand, so i am afraid to worsen some or more pictures.

Is there a trigger to stop the addon from working with gif/jpf/png?
If this could be done, or an option to optimize animated gif as lossless it would resolve my issue.

I've moved back to ThemeHouse Image Optimizer because I can configure gif to be handled differently from other file types, and can keep gif lossless.

I really don’t care so much about gifts. Since the official integration by XenForo, I have few users using.

My people are more oldschool, using memes and images.

And btw @truonglv, I’m getting an absurd reduction of 65% of my attachments. Is out of the this world.

And still have more 35GB~ to go.

😮

I really don’t care so much about gifts. Since the official integration by XenForo, I have few users using.

My people are more oldschool, using memes and images.

And btw @truonglv, I’m getting an absurd reduction of 65% of my attachments. Is out of the this world.

And still have more 35GB~ to go.

😮
Which is why the request is for options; the current options negatively impact any animated gif (at least the ones I have tried) that it is not worth using the add-on currently.

If you do not use animated gifs, it clearly does not impact you so the relevance means very little. In my specific case, I will have 1000 looping gifs that get extremely grainy and sometimes get choppy when using the current settings.

This is so beautiful:

1638546810322.webp

Guys, imagine my savings, economy and performance when the process is finished.

Just more ~35,3 GB to go.

When the process is done, if @truonglv wants, i can give the final screenshot to use as example on the Resource page.

I will post the review after this, 5 stars of course.

Top Bottom