XF 1.4 Image in forum link posted to Facebook

Olly Wood

When I post a forum/thread link to Facebook, the system seems to always include my avatar, or the Xenforo logo, even where there is an image in the thread/post/forum.

Is there a way to force the image in the first post to be the one shown in Facebook ?

The only way I'm aware of would involve editing the open_graph_meta template and remove both "og:image" tag references. This should have Facebook let you choose any image on the page.

hello

got the same question actualy... I have posted links of the forum in facebook page and it shows Xenforo logo.
I noticed other links from other site shows the image that relevant to the link itself. (see attachment- the first post is the link from my forum, the second one the link from other site)

I see Mike suggestion to edit the open_graph_meta template, where can I find that template?

I believe this is quite important feature as someone might interested to follow the link if see some images that catching the eyes.

cheers

Attachments

• facebook-post-02.webp
    facebook-post-02.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 8
Hi Olly Wood
thanks for your help... I've checked the template..
Do you actually only remove the og:image from these two lines?

Code:
<xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>

<meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />

Top Bottom