1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Image in forum link posted to Facebook

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Olly Wood, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Olly Wood

Olly Wood Member

When I post a forum/thread link to Facebook, the system seems to always include my avatar, or the Xenforo logo, even where there is an image in the thread/post/forum.

Is there a way to force the image in the first post to be the one shown in Facebook ?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The only way I'm aware of would involve editing the open_graph_meta template and remove both "og:image" tag references. This should have Facebook let you choose any image on the page.

3. herocus

herocus Member

hello

got the same question actualy... I have posted links of the forum in facebook page and it shows Xenforo logo.
    I noticed other links from other site shows the image that relevant to the link itself. (see attachment- the first post is the link from my forum, the second one the link from other site)

I see Mike suggestion to edit the open_graph_meta template, where can I find that template?

I believe this is quite important feature as someone might interested to follow the link if see some images that catching the eyes.

cheers

Attached Files:

4. Olly Wood

Olly Wood Member

The template can be found with all the others AdminCP>Appearance>templates

5. herocus

herocus Member

Hi Olly Wood
    thanks for your help... I've checked the template..
    Do you actually only remove the og:image from these two lines?

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>

<meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />

6. Olly Wood

Olly Wood Member

I removed both lines, I assumed you would get an error if you didn't