1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image crashing Chrome

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ragtek, Jul 11, 2012.

1. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Alien likes this.
  2. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Yup. Loaded up the latest stable version of Chrome (updated today or so?) and it froze...

Latest stable Firefox works just fine.
    ragtek likes this.
  3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

thx for confirming

somebody had this as avatar in a forum and it took ~2 weeks to find why some users had problems visiting the site/why some threads caused the crashes..

would be really interesting to know why it's crashing...
    hadn't found anything in the web
    i hopped it's http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=54500 but this report is old and the crashes started with the new chrome version, so it have to be something else...:(
  4. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Wow, the first time I actually experience a Chrome bug :(
  5. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

There is loads with the new one, Opening links from msn /windows live Mail (IF you don't have chrome open already is the worst one)
  6. Vincent

Damn :(
    BTW, do you still use MSN? Wow, I thought it was dead with Facebook
  7. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Good one.
  8. Vincent

Well, I'm actually serious. I have never used MSN after FB chat and have never heard of it again, not even news like "A new version has come out with these awesome features: x,y,z". Anyhow, I'm getting of topic. Yeey Chrome.
  9. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

Msn still forces people to update, it's just that it doesn't have "awesome features", just slowly declining forced ones.
    Vincent likes this.
  10. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

On a slightly related note, the image in your signature doesn't seem to be working for me, Vincent..
  11. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

Can't understand why anyone would want a seizure inducing image like that as a sig or avatar.

12. Vincent

It's fixed now, thanks!
  13. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Windows live messenger seems as pop as it ever did for me, everyone I know uses it. Sod facebook for a chat client its a joke.
    JVCode and James like this.
  14. James

James Well-Known Member

I also use MSN still, and this image did crash my browser :(
  15. Vincent

Well yeah, this probably depends on which generation you're from, what your friends prefer and where you're from :)
    (Note: I'm not saying I'm better than you :p)
  16. karll

karll Well-Known Member

That page (not sure whether it was actually the image or something else) crashed my Shockwave Flash player and the tab, but Chrome itself survived. (Ubuntu with latest version of Chrome.)
  17. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

I read somewhere this is a bug on the beta/dev channel of Chrome, doesn't happen on my stable Chrome.
  18. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

19. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Firefox - Not a problem

Chrome - Even on Linux this was a surprise (crashed chrome)
  20. Vincent

Yep, but it then freezes all webpages open in all tabs so Chrome crashes too :)