Implemented Image and Media gallery must be INTEGRATED

Tigratrus

Image and video gallery that is actually INTEGRATED with the forums. ALL images and video that has been uploaded should categorizable, searchable and should be EASILY organized and reused by the member. Take a look at http://www.plupload.com/ for an upload system that resizes the image ON THE WORKSTATION. This is huge, as most people don't have a clue how to resize an image and get frustrated when their 5 MB image takes forever to upload.

Upvote 19
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
If this gets implemented, PLEASE extend the Facebook login system so that it also imports users' photos/albums.

damn thats a sick idea...

Kind of like, **** facebook and their misuse of your privacy, bring your stuff here and we'll allow you to delete it whenever you want and we wont store anything after you leave...

Good stuff

damn thats a sick idea...

Kind of like, **** facebook and their misuse of your privacy, bring your stuff here and we'll allow you to delete it whenever you want and we wont store anything after you leave...

Good stuff
People are more likely to post to Flickr and Facebook than they are to post onto a sites gallery, and most people don't find it worthwhile to post it multiple times when they can just link to it somewhere else.

The average Facebook user couldn't really care about their privacy policy, or else many of them would have deleted their accounts a long time ago.

People are more likely to post to Flickr and Facebook than they are to post onto a sites gallery, and most people don't find it worthwhile to post it multiple times when they can just link to it somewhere else.

The average Facebook user couldn't really care about their privacy policy, or else many of them would have deleted their accounts a long time ago.

right now you're right, but the 'next big thing' is what facebook isnt. facebook wont lax their privacy invasion because its good for money. So that's 3.0

right now you're right, but the 'next big thing' is what facebook isnt. facebook wont lax their privacy invasion because its good for money. So that's 3.0
Facebook so far hasn't made the same mistake that MySpace did, and have continued to innovate (at least for their niche) their platform repeatedly. Because of this it'll be hard for someone to take their spot as the main social network.

If it gets displaced, it'll take them becoming lax with keeping their users interested which currently seems unlikely.

They keep pressing privacy issues to the brink of tolerance and people will get tired of it. Once your friends all find out when you buy hemmorroid cream, or your wife finds out how many times you visit your ex's page etc it'll be the end of it for everyone. Remember, their sole existence is to sell your habits to advertisers. Nothing else. They're leading the way in it and people think they're just making it easier to stay in touch with friends. They already send your inbox content to police forces all over North America without notifying you. Its a **** show over there. I admit, I fell for it at first, but in the past few months, Ive removed all my personal stuff from it and kept it basic for business purposes.

They keep pressing privacy issues to the brink of tolerance and people will get tired of it. Once your friends all find out when you buy hemmorroid cream, or your wife finds out how many times you visit your ex's page etc it'll be the end of it for everyone. Remember, their sole existence is to sell your habits to advertisers. Nothing else. They're leading the way in it and people think they're just making it easier to stay in touch with friends. They already send your inbox content to police forces all over North America without notifying you. Its a **** show over there. I admit, I fell for it at first, but in the past few months, Ive removed all my personal stuff from it and kept it basic for business purposes.
Most social networking sites sell your habits and demographics to advertisers; that is how they support themselves for the most part.

While I won't deny Facebook has had privacy issues, a lot of that has been over stated by many of the websites who report on it to get more views. Yes, it is a serious concern, no it isn't the end of the world. Will the common person have any more difficulty over having used MySpace? Unlikely.

As for sending Inbox information to police; good, it might do something about many pedophiles and other online predators preying on minors, which was a serious issue with MySpace (which they never did anything about). Most places give out information to the police without notifying; they are usually required to, especially on the scale that Facebook is. If you do nothing wrong, you have no reason to worry.

I dislike Facebook greatly. I do not like how it has become its own online culture, do not like some of their business models, and a few other things. But even I will admit it is the best social networking site of its type, and to displace it would require something more than the likes of Dispora or some other startup company coming along. Google probably won't even be able to do it, as they tend to focus on a million and one projects at once, and lack the follow through to do things properly for something like this.

I have a forum for stained glass artisits... showing off their work is what they do. I currently run SMF 1.1.13 with a theme designed by Xarcell that I played with a bit. So a Photo Gallery is a must for me to switch over. Question... would I need to update to SMF 2.0 to update to xenForo? Yikes I can see that being an issue.

www.theartglassfactory.com
Xen Shimmie Gallery: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xen-shimmie-gallery-tagged-searching-based.13462/

Example: http://animelon.com/cosplays/

I would LOVE to see a modernized Photoplog as a major mod for XF with image markup. Highslide already allows keyboard controls for the popup image navigation etc... One of the many ways that Highslide puts lightbox/thinbox/thickbox to shame ;-)
Hard to believe a year past and no xF gallery.

So there are no intentions of a user albums addon? This is the only thing holding me from switching. I will loose members if I remove all their pictures.
Let alone almost every post in my picture forums are linked to the user albums so it would also destroy one of my forums. I hate to be stuck on vB any longer I guess I will have to start looking at IPB. I can not to a software that will kill off my site more then the bugs vB4 upgrade.

A fully integrated image gallery would be nice. Photoposts integration is very limited and even the upcoming PP8 is based upon outdated tech, while XF's image viewer in threads is awesome. XF attachment system allows for expansion into a novel image gallery. I really hope that this will become a reality. It would make the XF platform even more attractive...

Top Bottom