I'm Roasting!

We're having our usual beautiful Sydney winter right now ... 22 degrees C, no wind, blue skies, warm sun.

My office is actually a sun-room with large windows on 3 sides, glorious in winter, horrid in summer. I typically abandon my office when it reaches 30 degrees C or so with the portable aircon running (usually 38+ degrees C outside) ... retreat to a cooler room, even if it is less convenient to work in. Less productivity is better than no productivity!

I've lost three cars to flash floods. If the main computer was under water, which at three feet is almost undoubtably was, its totaled by the insurance company.

Then it will be sent to a salvage yard, with a salvage title, and it will either be resold to someone for repairs, or they will fix it up and resell it with the salvage title. (I have seen dozens of "salvage" vehicles online, especially after they had all of that flooding in downtown Nashville.)

We're having our usual beautiful Sydney winter right now ... 22 degrees C, no wind, blue skies, warm sun.

My office is actually a sun-room with large windows on 3 sides, glorious in winter, horrid in summer. I typically abandon my office when it reaches 30 degrees C or so with the portable aircon running (usually 38+ degrees C outside) ... retreat to a cooler room, even if it is less convenient to work in. Less productivity is better than no productivity!

Same :D

Gorgeous day here! Feels very Spring like today, after weeks of relatively cold (highs of 9, 11, 12C ) and lots of rain, it's just glorious weather currently.

Hotter today - 26C predicted (at least here in Coventry)... :)

Thunderstorms and similar temps expected for tomorrow/Wed tho!

My sister is stationed in Lakenheath, and she told me they don't have AC's or door knobs in most parts of the UK...any truth...couldn't find much on the door knob comment.

The warm weather does not want to stop.

poncatemperature822011.png

Thursday will be a bad day. Thunder Sauna's are not a good thing.

Tell me about it. This is our 32 straight day of 100+ degree temps in Dallas too. The ground is so dry that there is a gap of 1 inch between my foundation and the soil as its been dried out and contracts. Thats with daily watering and a weep hose going continuously. The weather is taking a toll on the house this year. $12K for a new roof thanks to hail and the foundation repair will probably cost another $20K.

I rode a bicycle from Ponca City Oklahoma to Tulsa last weekend then rode for hours in the city. I could handle that but the return trip nearly killed me, the heat started sucking the energy out of me. I did about a 250 mile trip. I am not doing that ever again in hot weather.

I remember in 1985 when 99 in the shade was alot.

Bon Jovi: 99 in the Shade
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apparently it needs updating to 109 in Shade !
/gulp.

Still no end in sight. My once beautiful, thick, green carpet of a lawn is now dying, down and burnt. It looks like we'll have cooling trend on Friday, with highs dropping to the 102 range for a few days. Thats not sarcasm when its been between 108-112 for the last two weeks. It should not be 95 degrees outside at midnight.

Its not impossible that this could last well into October, with the only difference being the highs will drop to the mid 90s, but still no rain.

Top Bottom