XF 1.2 I'm getting errors when editing html templates.

Solari

We are using the UI.X frame work for the theme. I've made a child them and I need to edit the header template. I'm finding the any change I make is giving me an error. Always the same error.
The following templates contained errors and were not saved: header: 1) Line 1: Template syntax error.

I started out trying to do something fancy.. now I'm just trying to figure out why I can't even add a line space at the end of a line. No matter where I edit or what I do I get the same exact error for 'Line 1'.

I'm completely new to XenForo. I make a living building WordPress themes. I've edited vBulliten before and I've used Smarty templating. So I think I understand how this is supposed to work. I have check the documentation. Any ideas?

In this example I added a space to the end of the 8th line.
ScreenShot.png

I'm not seeing an obvious error. It's possible it could be related to the custom style properties, though it should normally error inside a condition if it were that.

I would possibly empty the template and then build it up section by section to see exactly what causes the error.

Top Bottom