Partial fix Ignored messages posted since you loaded this page

Jon W

I'm building an add-on to extend the ignored system and noticed a little bug (or two).

When you receive the message "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page" for ignored content and click to view the messages then no content appears at all. I guess this is as designed.

However, if there is also no other ignored content on the page, then the 'Show Ignored Content' link does not appear, and probably should.

Additionally, if there is already ignored content but it is for a different user, then the hover text is incorrect.

It would be great if any elements with the "ignored" class being added to the page would trigger the 'Show Ignored Content' to refresh itself (i.e., work out if it is required, update the hover text, etc.).

This would also help with the extension I'm developing which includes the ability to show ignored content on the Recent Activity page, as the same issue is occurring when someone tries to view older recent activity.

Thanks.

signal: I support this request
noise: Yes, in our information overflooded world it`s really important that users not only can choose what they`d like to see but also what they`re not interested in. Especially in big multi-topic forums.
As such functionality isn`t part of the core, I hope that the mentioned bugs will be fixed so that ignored content consistently disappears and the add-on can unleash it`s full potential.

When you receive the message "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page" for ignored content and click to view the messages then no content appears at all. I guess this is as designed.
This is a bug in that it ideally shouldn't show that message and it probably shouldn't even grab the ignored posts in this case.

Generally, the ability to see things from ignored users is considered to be of low importance. Any consideration for dynamic content changes should hide the content if by an ignored person. Giving the ability to display that content was generally not a design goal and as such will be as designed/won't fix.

Top Bottom